Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Hosting - New Panel - by Cross Industries, LLC (Formerly Glacier Host)

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Hosting - New Panel - by Cross Industries, LLC (Formerly Glacier Host)

I'm offering free hosting via a new control panel, called ZPanel. This panel is extremely new and I'm wishing to get some feedback on it. I'm looking to get honest opinions on the panel and am letting 25 people sign up at first. You may use the hosting for your personal or business sites, but they must be deemed legal and safe for public view. Meaning, no ----- content, no warez, no proxies.

Unfortunately, I'm only offering this for the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia. Why not other countries? 100% of the time, I've gotten spam from signups. Nothing but trouble. So, I've had to limit the areas allow to be hosted. Sorry.

What do I want for this? Just a review of your honest thoughts on this control panel. You do not need to place any advertisements on your site.

What do you get?
    • 5GB Disk Space
    • 50GB Bandwidth
    • 100 Features, such as databases, ftp accounts, domains/subdomains, etc
    • Plus, you'll get to keep your account until you wish to close it. You will not be charged.

This is not "instant activation" hosting. I will be choosing who I allow.

Interested? Signup here

**Please ignore the site, currently undergoing renovations.
    Sean Marvin Cross Industries - Affordable technology solutions Glacier Host - Affordable Web Hosting Services
    E-mail: contact@x-ind.com Phone: (843) 879-8293 Hours: Weekdays, 8AM-6PM EST; Saturday, 10AM-5PM EST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, even though the space is great, and you give out 100 of everything, there's no softalicious, or anything else to use so I can start building a nice website. Even though I do know how to create a wbesite, I wish I could create a professional site. Please let me know if more features are being added.

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here is the thing. We could offer a sitebuilder, but simple templates are very bland and actually hurt the quality of a user's website. You'll get less visitors with those.
    I will work on getting softaculous though. Thank you very much for the suggestion! Let us know via support tickets if you need help installing any software.
    Sean Marvin Cross Industries - Affordable technology solutions Glacier Host - Affordable Web Hosting Services
    E-mail: contact@x-ind.com Phone: (843) 879-8293 Hours: Weekdays, 8AM-6PM EST; Saturday, 10AM-5PM EST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Thanks for understanding. Making websites isn't easy. I'd also suggest getting RVSitebuilder too.

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A script library will probably come before a sitebuilder. I don't fancy sitebuilders as they are unreliable and leave an ugly customer site. I'd rather the client use scripts and themes than a sitebuilder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little suggestion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps this isn't the proper place to ask (please ask a mod to split this if you like), but I'm curious as to why you are choosing zPanel over cPanel, besides the cost.
    WSWD Inc., Celebrating our 18th year in business
    WSWD.net - Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Server Hosting
    Blazing Fast SSD VPS That Will Blow Your Mind!! High Performance RAID10 SSD Drives, IPv4, IPv6, and Private IPs
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    Perhaps this isn't the proper place to ask (please ask a mod to split this if you like), but I'm curious as to why you are choosing zPanel over cPanel, besides the cost.
    I already run a cPanel server. I'm in the process of bumping up the cPanel server and I thought I'd try something new. So I'm helping ZPanel out with their latest panel. For now, it seems great. Similar to cPanel. Although it is free, its still a competitor in my book. So I'm doing a study on how people like the panel.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you found any online demo that actually shows the panel the users get? The only one on their site seems to be the admin panel. If not, I would love if you could give me a small test package (10mb of space, 100mb of bandwidth or something) for a day or two, just so I can see what it looks like from the user side of things...maybe even a reseller package if it supports that, so I don't have to install it on a VPS.

Looks like an interesting panel for sure, with some pretty neat features.

Thanks!
    Blazing Fast SSD VPS That Will Blow Your Mind!! High Performance RAID10 SSD Drives, IPv4, IPv6, and Private IPs

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you found any online demo that actually shows the panel the users get? The only one on their site seems to be the admin panel. If not, I would love if you could give me a small test package (10mb of space, 100mb of bandwidth or something) for a day or two, just so I can see what it looks like from the user side of things...maybe even a reseller package if it supports that, so I don't have to install it on a VPS.

Looks like an interesting panel for sure, with some pretty neat features.

Thanks!
    Well, the package in the initial post is what I'm offering at the moment. With it, you get to demo the whole thing, or make it something you use. I'm not offering resellers at this time, but maybe in a week or so, I could add it to your account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one hate zPanel. It looks too "modern" for me. It does look like cPanel, but in an odd way to me.

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too "modern?" A little confused on that, please explain a little more?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmarvin View Post
    Well, the package in the initial post is what I'm offering at the moment. With it, you get to demo the whole thing, or make it something you use. I'm not offering resellers at this time, but maybe in a week or so, I could add it to your account.
    I'll just throw it on a VPS then...thanks anyway. Don't want to take one of the slots away from someone who might actually use the hosting. I just wanted a quick view of the client panel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wrong about what I had said about the panel being modern. I don't know why I said that. The main fact is that I hate zPanel and that's all there is to it.

Cross Industries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just throw it on a VPS then...thanks anyway. Don't want to take one of the slots away from someone who might actually use the hosting. I just wanted a quick view of the client panel.
    I still have 24 slots available. So far, the only legit signup is Nathan. The rest have been spam, as they apparently can't read. I'm not offering to China people. 99.9% of my spam comes from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Diniz View Post
    I was wrong about what I had said about the panel being modern. I don't know why I said that. The main fact is that I hate zPanel and that's all there is to it.
    Would you mind if I asked you a few questions about your opinions on the panel?