WINAMP 3.X INSTALLATION
1. Download and install the WinAMP 2 Plug-in Manager from http://members.telocity.com/~schweit...mgr/index.html
2. Create a new directory called C:\HLamp\ and extract GEN_HLamp.dll to that directory. C:\HLamp\GEN_HLamp.dll
3. Run WinAMP 3 and press Ctrl+P. Scroll down to “Winamp 2x Plugins” in the list on the left. "Type C:\HLamp\" in the “New Search Path” box located in the “Plugin Path” tab. Click Add.
4. Restart WinAMP.
5. Copy commandmenu.txt to your Counter-Strike directory. For example, "C:\Sierra\Half-Life\cstrike\commandmenu.txt". If you are using DOD, TFC, or another mod then you’ll have to use the command menus from the “Other Command Menus” directory.
6. This step is optional, but it makes HLamp much more useful. You can add songs to your Command Menu by editing the bottom of commandmenu.txt in your mod’s directory. I’ve provided a couple examples at the bottom of the Command Menus included with HLamp. You can add your own entries. Follow the example.
Note: If you have a custom commandmenu.txt just copy and paste the “WinAMP” section to the end of your commandmenu.txt. If you have a custom command menu you should know how to do this. If you don’t know how, kindly refrain from asking me. Ask on the HLamp forums. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, ignore this note.
7. Bind a key to “+commandmenu”. For example, go to the console type, "bind P +commandmenu".
8. Make sure WinAMP and Half-Life are running. Press the key you bound to “+commandmenu”. The Command Menu will pop up. Use the menu items in the WinAMP menu to control WinAMP.