• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any other forums to advertise for free?

M Bacon

I have advertised on namepros, WHT, and here. Do you guys know any other free forums to advertise on? I am not going to lie. Sales have been so bad that I haven't even got any fraud orders.

I can see your business is quite new, you just need patience as it can take a while before people get trust in you.

It may be new but how old does your company have to be before its not new? Do you have any ideas of where to post?

Have you tried Digital Point? Also look out for free Google Adwords vouchers, some can even be as much as £50+.

7search.com is a great PPC network as well - I've had better luck there with Web hosting-related keywords than at AdWords (which has really become over-priced). Also, if you are getting visitors, but no signups ... ask for feedback! You really need to find out why your site visitors aren't actually converting.

It may be new but how old does your company have to be before its not new? Do you have any ideas of where to post?

Has to be probably a few years old to get good profits. I've been here almost 2 years, and still don't get that many sales.

Where would I ask for feedback? The forums has a feedback for designs but I didn't design it.

I will give you a few thoughts even though this isn't really on topic.. your design is nice and clean. But it lacks any "wow" or anything to capture the viewers. You need to jump out at the customer and keep them engaged. Some examples of Sites that covert well.. FatCow.com, they have genius at work in the marketing (and of course being cheap helps). HostGator.com - Simple design, but huge coupon on the front page, a visitor is going to click that, plus the pricing is right there. Also, spend some money on advertising, forum posts do not convert well. Make some promos and front page ads as well, you need to lure the visitor in.

I like your design. What I used to do was have an account somewhere that has a company profile for you, that has reviews. (I chose WebHostingStuff... Wouldn't recommend it 100% but it's good.)

Webhostingstuff was okay, because it had uptime reports, and reviews, and you could post your plans on it and such.... I never got business from the site itself because I didn't pay for advertising, but it built confidence in prospective customers.

You need a way to sell yourself too. Right now you're just another host.... Either specialize in a type of hosting, or do something that sets you apart. (Some people give away iPods in contests, some people stress a certain aspect of their company that sets them aside from the rest like true 24/7 support or something)

I have a list of about 30-40 web hosting and webmaster forums. I tried to add it all into a .rar file and upload it here but, it won't accept .rar files. So, if you can contact me and give me your email address, I'll email you the links.

Good luck!

I like your design. What I used to do was have an account somewhere that has a company profile for you, that has reviews. (I chose WebHostingStuff... Wouldn't recommend it 100% but it's good.)

Webhostingstuff was okay, because it had uptime reports, and reviews, and you could post your plans on it and such.... I never got business from the site itself because I didn't pay for advertising, but it built confidence in prospective customers.

You need a way to sell yourself too. Right now you're just another host.... Either specialize in a type of hosting, or do something that sets you apart. (Some people give away iPods in contests, some people stress a certain aspect of their company that sets them aside from the rest like true 24/7 support or something)

I agree with him about your website lacking with wow factor. No offense but it looks like one of those cookie cutter blog websites. What good is traffic to your website if people arent even going to stick around to go deeper?

I agree, specially in this economy. Your going to have to wait till you get new also forum advertisement is not everything. SEO, link building, and facebook/twitter gets you allot of customers as well. Don't go with Google Adwords, not worth it at all.

I have a list of about 30-40 web hosting and webmaster forums. I tried to add it all into a .rar file and upload it here but, it won't accept .rar files. So, if you can contact me and give me your email address, I'll email you the links.

Good luck!

can you give me that list with e mail too...??i m gonna PM you my mail.:)

I suppose you can place your offers as well on the forums alike V7n, webmaster-talk.com and webhostdir forums.
Good luck

FreeWebSpace and WHT seems like the best places to advertise on. Maybe digital point but eh... not sure you want to attract that crowd of customers lol ;)

As has been said many times before. When starting a host, do not expect the host to break even in the first 9-12 months.

I personally would consider a host that has been around for 12 months "new" & "untrusted".

As has been said, its a waiting game, when you reach the year mark, you should start to get a little more respect and trust.

FreeWebSpace and WHT seems like the best places to advertise on. Maybe digital point but eh... not sure you want to attract that crowd of customers lol ;)

Agree with you there, try to stay away from Digital Point. DP usually attract those unwanted customers :evilb:.

Back