• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How crazy are those Master/Alpha Resellers?

-jab-

Hey FWS members i would like to take your opinion about those "new resellers" I see many hosting companies offering not only Master reseller, but Alpha reseller. At first i said okay on Master reseller (still wasn't sure though) Than when i saw Alpha resellers they look crazy. I believe Alpha resellers goes like Reseller get to offer resellers and those resellers get to offer resellers to customers where they can offer resellers. How can you mange something like that? I mean there is already allot of trouble with cPanel for limiting a reseller it self. Also i see people offering those on a Atoms and P4's with like 1 GB ram. Are those scripts even secure?

I'd never offer Alpha Master Resellers. Although they are apparently secure, it will possibly cause a lot of headaches.

Deasoft Master Resellers isn't too bad, a master reseller can offer reseller accounts but their resellers can only offer shared hosting. It's a good way for smaller hosts to offer resellers without purchasing a VPS or Dedicated Server.

I for one think that Alpha Master resellers are a very bad idea even if the scripts are secure

Mostly because this is how support would go

customer > reseller > master reseller > alpha master reseller > datacenter.

By the time the ticket would get to the datacenter the customer would be to mad to keep hosting there and find a new host.

Master reseller itself is not much better but its still not AS bad.

I for one think that Alpha Master resellers are a very bad idea even if the scripts are secure

Mostly because this is how support would go

customer > reseller > master reseller > alpha master reseller > datacenter.

By the time the ticket would get to the datacenter the customer would be to mad to keep hosting there and find a new host.

Master reseller itself is not much better but its still not AS bad.

LOL. Nice one ,but you know that is so true specially if a host offers slow support.

I suppose that is always good idea when people do have the choice and they can chose that reseller account which will be considered the best for you personally

Master Reseller script is still some what buggy, and the cost is just as much as a VPS with cpanel/directadmin. The better solution is to purchase your own VPS and setup cpanel if you want to sell Reseller Accounts, but again people want to resell master resellers. Its a never ending cycle...

Okay, so you can buy an Alpha Master Reseller from a host? I believe we got it wrong earlier.

Customer > Reseller > Master reseller > Alpha Master Reseller > Host > DC Reseller > DC

:)

Sounds like a support nightmare.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=653074 goodness.

Or:

Customer > Reseller > Master Reseller > Alpha Master Reseller > VPS > Host > DC Reseller > DC

Yeah, sounds like you're in for a lot of fun if you have a support issue.

David ------------------- is a big scammer lol hes still doing it, he was doing it 2 years ago, has lotsa diff domains he uses from time to time, puts everyone on a vps then bolts with heaps of money.

David ------------------- is a big scammer lol hes still doing it, he was doing it 2 years ago, has lotsa diff domains he uses from time to time, puts everyone on a vps then bolts with heaps of money.

I believe prospective customers should be informed somehow then?

Alpha resellers are crazy, and soon they will come out with super alpha resellers. Master resellers can be pretty good if managed properly, not heavily oversold and given away.

in the right circumstancess, master resellers can be very benfitial to the host. However, a good use for a master reseller is organization: EX: you have a vps/dedi and want to run a free host with your paid hosting. put the free accounts under a master reseller, and the paid accounts under another master reseller. it is a good way for smaller hosts to keep things organized and managed.

[JSH]John;1074977 said:
I'd never offer Alpha Master Resellers. Although they are apparently secure, it will possibly cause a lot of headaches.

Deasoft Master Resellers isn't too bad, a master reseller can offer reseller accounts but their resellers can only offer shared hosting. It's a good way for smaller hosts to offer resellers without purchasing a VPS or Dedicated Server.

We have deasoft installed on our server, but we did not offer Master Reseller or Alpha master reseller yet. Because we think that it will be more difficult to manage clients, because most of users on master/alpha tent to abuse servers.

Back