• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 7?

-jab-

Anyone bought it yet? How is it? Hope it's better than vista. I am buying a laptop from Dell this weekend and ordering it with it.

The OS itself is fine, has been since the RC in fact. Microsoft has really put the rabbit out of the hat. The only bad things I've heard about it (When I ran it from the RC, I had no issues at all so I can't comment on my own issues) is people having some issues with some drivers and software (Which isn't the fault of Microsoft), but other than that, it's fine. Can't expect it to work 100% when it's only just been released (In retail form).

I love Windows 7. It is so much faster than Vista so I'd recommend you do order Windows 7 with your laptop. :)

I've been using it since RC. Really beautiful. Really though, performance wise it's not that much different from Vista.

But I thought Vista was excellent. So...

I've been using it since RC. Really beautiful. Really though, performance wise it's not that much different from Vista.

But I thought Vista was excellent. So...
You obviously over meet the requirements for Vista then. Millions will say it's faster than Vista because their computers are too ---- for Vista. (I agree too, Vista is nice :p)

Yeah I have to agree. When my old PC used to have 1GB of ram, used to chug vista along quite slowly when many programs were open. When I got a new laptop, everything was fine. So yeah, if you've got a ---- PC. Windows 7 will be great :p

Windows 7 is pretty good. I've been running it since pre-beta with pretty much no issues. Running Ultimate x64 right now, running great.

on RTM since September and I love it, looks great works great, will upgrade my Tablet (X61t) when I get a chance (end of December when I have some time off).

I'm working on upgrading it right now, but am waiting for my backups to finish ;)

My first impressions: I burnt my fishsticks because I was sidetracked while doing my backup. Not off to a solid start.

Bought it about a month ago now, I like it. I was running Vista since the start of the year, tried holding out with XP but some games didn't want to run so I bit the bullet.

Easily the best part: up and running from format to (almost) everything configured in less than 2 hours.

I'm working on upgrading it right now, but am waiting for my backups to finish ;)

My first impressions: I burnt my fishsticks because I was sidetracked while doing my backup. Not off to a solid start.

heh, heh, do you like fish sticks?

Back