• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Keep getting spam users!

Logan1999

On my webhost, I keep getting spam users, 1 guy posted something that no one wants to see, and another guy reported my how to request hosting thread with the reason "request". And I just got a new guy named "execute" which makes no sense. And I'm getting Baidu indexing my site which I'm not liking. I don't think they are bots, so most security measures won't keep them out. Please help me!

Also, I have been getting TONS of spam in my email connected to my host the past few days... what am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

Everything...

For starters, using a .tk domain (aside from being completely unprofessional) is just an invitation for people to not take you seriously and abuse the piss out of you.

Second, nobody respects you. Nobody is going to take you seriously when you go around posting crap like your're some kind of child. (We've already established in previous threads that you're like 13 years old, but that's beside the point.)

Third, you have no real prerequisites to giving out an account besides a "one time" post to host. Make them earn it by sending you a personalized explaining who they are, what their situation is and what they'd like to achieve. By making them put some effort into the request, it'll weed out about 90% of the idiots who are just going to abuse your services.

Try to take control more, and monitor all website's every week or every other week just don't let it get out of control, it become into a problem or bummer if you have no control.

Side Note:
Hosting free sites which includes websites of all types is a bummer depending on the content. I my self have been learning alot for hosting free website. Believe me its not pleasant if you dont have control if people don't follow TOS or Rules.

Third, you have no real prerequisites to giving out an account besides a "one time" post to host. Make them earn it by sending you a personalized explaining who they are, what their situation is and what they'd like to achieve. By making them put some effort into the request, it'll weed out about 90% of the idiots who are just going to abuse your services.

I'll try out a variant of this. Lower the post count requirement, and change it to *moderator approved* posts. So for example make the low plan 3 moderator approved posts. Hopefully the spammers are too dumb to notice, and then in a way make that other board a "shadow honeypot" board, whole whole purpose is to catch moron spammers.

Then make a whole second premium division with a new board where you copy the quality posts over, and run your real business on that. Then any intelligent clients can post on the "real board".

Last edited:
Well, not really spam, just people doing odd things... there was one guy though who posted something undesirable...

Do you require email vertification for new forum accounts? I know mybb has this disabled as default, this may help you a bit.

You can set up user's access in your forum, if you're sure they are spammers, ban their IDs and IPs, and if you also should try Email activation, that would be better.

Back