• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

comming soon: androidvps

Status
Not open for further replies.
People's basic first websites these days are essentially Tumblr accounts anyway. I hope you find a market, but I find myself doubting it

with androidvps people will have root wich makes it easy to change settings

Most beginners wouldn't know what to do with a VPS if their life depended on it. You're wasting your time. (As if your time had any value in the first place.)

I will provide the software for the vps so all the user will have to do is upload files and if the user whanted to change thay can because of root access

VPSs are great for game servers- stuff like Minecraft and various multiplayer hacks of common games.

Most people getting into web hosting don't need a VPS's level of accessibility, nor would they know what to do with such a thing. All you'd be doing is breeding a cluster of vulnerable systems that would very quickly get your services exploited and blacklisted.

You'd be better to just P2H yourself to get a VPS to power these projects of yours, rather than coming here begging for one that in all probability isn't going to happen.

Oh noes! You used a .tk.

The others are promptly going to be throwing you around like a rag doll for that. They hate it when someone offers hosting using a .tk or pretty much any other free domain.

Oh noes! You used a .tk.

The others are promptly going to be throwing you around like a rag doll for that. They hate it when someone offers hosting using a .tk or pretty much any other free domain.

go on the forum you will see how long i been devmeing androidvps

LOL, I don't think anyone else spells worse than you. No one says "par mouth", sounds more like Latin than English.

VPSs are great for game servers- stuff like Minecraft and various multiplayer hacks of common games.

Actually, they're terrible for game servers. I mean really, really bad. You're sharing resources with other containers, there's overhead because you're in a virtual environment and -- in the case of openvz -- you can't even optimize your kernel to be more tuned for game servers.

Actually, they're terrible for game servers. I mean really, really bad. You're sharing resources with other containers, there's overhead because you're in a virtual environment and -- in the case of openvz -- you can't even optimize your kernel to be more tuned for game servers.
its only part virtuallised you still share a cpu
it users virtual box

True enough, a serious game server project or a popular one will require the full power of a dedicated server to get good performance.

But tons of people do just fine on OpenVZ VPSs for minecraft at least. You very much get what you pay for running one like that.

True enough, a serious game server project or a popular one will require the full power of a dedicated server to get good performance.

But tons of people do just fine on OpenVZ VPSs for minecraft at least. You very much get what you pay for running one like that.

Eh, yeah. Most Minecraft servers will run decently on a VPS provided they aren't running any modifications that require intensive disk I/O as this will likely upset your VPS provider. The only thing I would be concerned about in a VPS environment for Minecraft (other then the previously mentioned kernel bit -- believe it or not, modifying the kernel really helps out on Minecraft) is if the host was overselling and/or you were trying to use the "Burst Ram" for the allocated JAVA heap space.

Either way, you get what you pay for and $10 a month for a VPS with 2GB memory is a train wreck just waiting to happen.

If you're making a vps host, can you just use three instances of it to run your own projects?

Thats just part of the problem. He has so many ideas, but lacks the know-how (and/or funding) to get them off the ground.

I was actually talking with another member about this yesterday. We've come to the conclusion that mtwiscool would make a better custodian than anything else. The job can be done by the illiterate and those with poor language skills. It requires very little intellect and it requires very little interaction with others. A perfect match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back