• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Strange E-mails from Web Hosts ?

Expo

I just got this e-mail from Host1Free:

Dear Host1Free.com user,

We are sorry to say, but your account was terminated. It could be the
following reasons:
1. Your website was with abused material which was against Host1Free.com
terms of service;
2. Website which you have hosted had enormous resources wasted;

3. You website was infected with viruses;
4. Any other issues those could affect normal service work;

Your account was terminated completely...
Here is the solution for you! Upgrade to PREMIUM WEB HOSTING which will
guarantees you that none of those issues mentioned above will cause the
account termination. Even more use 'WELCOME' promo code which will give
you 30% discount for any web hosting plan!

Take note of the last few lines, so according to what it says here, if I decide to buy their "PREMIUM WEB HOSTING", I can host viruses, or anything that my mind can imagine, even if it breaks their TOS ?

I had a good laugh out of this, and decided to post it here, don't mind my date of registration, I've been haunting these forums for a few years ;)

i think it was away for him to try get you to upgrade, so he gets dosh, and proberly nothing wrong with your account, or site.

You was just one of the unlucky ones being picked, to be terminated, i don't know. Only guessing.

There is a lot news about they are scamming free users to upgrade.
Seems like now you are one of the victim.

wow this is totally new to me ... I've never experienced anything like this in my experience with hosting services... :lol:

I just got this e-mail from Host1Free:

Take note of the last few lines, so according to what it says here, if I decide to buy their "PREMIUM WEB HOSTING", I can host viruses, or anything that my mind can imagine, even if it breaks their TOS ?

I had a good laugh out of this, and decided to post it here, don't mind my date of registration, I've been haunting these forums for a few years ;)

Another way to scam people. Nice job Host1Free (Host1Plus?)... I think is it enough to ban them here?

They suspended my hosting account for the same reason, saying that I am hosting copyrighted materials,
while all I hosted in the account, is just a wordpress blog and it is just my diary!

Well, I'm glad I helped remove a fraud host from the lists, but it's kinda weird that I made that my first post. :D

I had no idea that --------- sent that kind of mails to more users, I thought it was a bug or something, so I posted here to confirm.

I just got this e-mail from ---------:

Ha Ha this host says even if your website is infected with virus's we won't take down your site. I know if I found a paying customer website with loads of virus's I think they would thank me for taking their site down. After all a paying customer don't want to infect his/her clients/customers with the virus's too.

Funny store ;)

Back