• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Received a Skype offer from "Mega Boss" sounds too good to be true.

sarmth

Hi there.

Anyone have any dealings with Mega Boss in the past? His skype is "thedjrnb".

I received an offer that sounds far too good to be true, and considering some of the flakey things that have happened from skype dealings, I just wanted to check here. Mega boss, if you could, please try to put my mind at ease by replying to this thread?

Thanks =]

So...you can take some 16GB RAM VPS for free, and he is going to foot the $250+ bill every month? Sounds like a good deal to me! :eek2:

I'm concerned about data integrity, I appreciate the offer from him. But I'm very cautious after what happened with those boobs from equiline (JohnnyD) and I can't afford a leakage of confidential project data, especially in an MMORPG project. I'm not really sure what to do. Perhaps I'll just run my DNS infrastructure on it ? That could work ^_^

If you're worried about confidentiality, you most certainly need a dedicated server. That's the best way to reasonably ensure that nobody is looking at your files. VPSs are great for DNS. :)

Didn't someone by the name of The Boss appear during the equiline foundation investigation?

The timing of this is highly suspect, and that name leaves me wondering.

But I agree with wswd, if you want to be certain that nobody is snooping at your files use a dedi with an encrypted filesystem. Then the only way to monkey with it would be to take it offline for physical tampering, they wouldn't be able to do anything to it without a lot of effort.

Even just encrypting a VPS's file system might not be enough, as the disc file could theoretically be cracked and its contents examined without causing downtime for the VPS itself.

Didn't someone by the name of The Boss appear during the equiline foundation investigation?

The timing of this is highly suspect, and that name leaves me wondering.

But I agree with wswd, if you want to be certain that nobody is snooping at your files use a dedi with an encrypted filesystem. Then the only way to monkey with it would be to take it offline for physical tampering, they wouldn't be able to do anything to it without a lot of effort.

Even just encrypting a VPS's file system might not be enough, as the disc file could theoretically be cracked and its contents examined without causing downtime for the VPS itself.

I agree with you on this, too risky to do business over skype, and yes your right. Do they have a website? Is it legit? Does it have ssl? If they can't answer those questions, I wouldn't trust the deal. In any case, you will want to do more research on the person.

SSL is only too easy to obtain these days, and as such, SSL is not a viable prevention of cyber theft or fraud.

I agree with you on this, too risky to do business over skype, and yes your right. Do they have a website? Is it legit? Does it have ssl? If they can't answer those questions, I wouldn't trust the deal. In any case, you will want to do more research on the person.

Definitely to good to be true, what would he expect in return, that`s what you should be thinking? MMORPG games are very popular, maybe he thinks if the MMORPG game makes it big he could use it to his advantage.

I always have a sentence in mind, Nothing is perfect, so, if something is perfect, I think it is pretending to be perfect.

Back