• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Post 2 Host Question

WireValley

How successful are post 2 Host sites? Do you own one and get sign ups every day? The concept never crossed my mind until I joined the free hosting scene.

How do you keep track of who's posting and who's not? Seems like it'd be a lot of work once you get a lot of members. For instance, member xyz joins and says he'll post 15/month. How do you monitor this?

In my view the forum participation model is dead, I haven't seen any successful Post2Host providers for awhile with most shutting down over the last few years. A forum can be an excellent way to build a community, but I don't know if P2H is still viable in 2013 with Facebook, Twitter, G+, and others moving the conversation to social media.

Agreed, Now I think people don't bother to post for hosting on a community that might go down a few months later, so they just spend some money and get paid hosting with better support that add to their level of satisfaction.

You just need a very large community to make it work. you can't fund a server for free hosting if your forum only has a couple of users.

but if you managed to build a large community it could work.

I had someone mention to me earlier:

If you make it one part of your strategy instead of the only way to sign up, you can make it work even in 2013.

Good to know! I currently fund my free hosting all through AdSense :) I have multiple sites of mine own hosted and I make enough from it to spend money on a dedicated server each month and turn around and offer free hosting to others. I've been blogging with WordPress since at least 2010.

There is a market for P2H providers, I guess you have to keep a good stream of traffic to make it work, small forums will struggle to attract new members. So I guess it`s a question of thinking up ways to try and keep your forum active, which believe me is a lot harder than it used to be.

Its really tough to have a post to host.. even if you create a free hosting with less features and then ask the members to post, they don't seem to.

It is hard to blame the users. It can be difficult to meet the posting requirements, the providers aren't exactly stable or long lasting (usually), and paid webhosting is very cheap for the kind of quality they are used to. You really have to up your level as a free provider to run a provider like that these days.

It is hard to blame the users. It can be difficult to meet the posting requirements, the providers aren't exactly stable or long lasting (usually), and paid webhosting is very cheap for the kind of quality they are used to. You really have to up your level as a free provider to run a provider like that these days.

I liked your point - you really need to up your level as a free provider - you need to be as good as a paid hosting in order to get users.

I started my post host company a while ago. And let me tell you is not easy to get sign ups. Even doe post to host is almost free there are many people who want everything free.

This is my concept, nothing in this life is free, to maintain a server there must be any type of income. So i believe post to host is some type of payment.

Host who are totally free either put ads on users site or don't last long enough.

Well i dont know could be popular or not. In Hungary where i live there is manypost to host forums and offers. But actually none of them won...so. Not think this could be a winner solution.

What is the point of Post 2 Host hosting? Is it for ad impressions on the forums? I wouldn't think the discussions would be very engaging.

Back