• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VPS or Cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloud servers have more advantages over a traditional VPS hosting, but they come costlier compared to traditional hosting services.

I have found that both VPS and cloud at mrhostingspace.com are superior hosting options. You will find no better place to host your sites and applications. They have excellent uptime and support and competitive pricing. I suggest you check them out.

Hello,

VPS hosting and cloud hosting both are different features. If you have an E commerce online store that gets heavy traffic, VPS is not going to be an affordable option for you. On the other hand, if it is a simple website for a small business, then you can use VPS hosting.

Thanks

First, you need to analyze your hosting requirements. It will help you in moving towards the best suited hosting options as per your needs.
Cloud hosting and Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting both have their own attributes.
Therefore, it will be better for you to choose the hosting exactly as per your hosting requirements.

Guys, how do you differ cloud hosting from VPS hosting? Cloud is nothing more then a fancy word for semi-managed VM with HA storage beyond.

If you have an eCommerce website then I’ll suggest you to go with cloud server hosting. It is scalable and more secure. It can scale up and down the resources such as storage ram and memory if the traffic on your website increase and decreases. So it would be great if you choose a cloud server hosting for eCommerce portal.

If you have an eCommerce website then I’ll suggest you to go with cloud server hosting. It is scalable and more secure. It can scale up and down the resources such as storage ram and memory if the traffic on your website increase and decreases. So it would be great if you choose a cloud server hosting for eCommerce portal.

And how exactly is a cloud server (which is essentially a VPS, on 99.9% of the "cloud" hosts) more secure than a standard VPS? Not at all true, I'm afraid.

i vote for cloud , it is more secure and chances of losing your database is very less and there will be no down time

It can never be stressed to highly enough that nowadays, cheap web hosting plans does not necessarily mean poor quality and service. Check on the disk space allocation, bandwidth, security features, traffic flow, e-mail storage capacity, and the kind of multiple domain accounts.

Although cloud hosting is good option, but for your ecommerce website, I would like to suggest you go with Dedicated server.

For different package is different, according to what kind of website you want to build, the higher price is not always better, suitable is best.

For hosting a e-commerce website VPS would be perfect.As it provides highly configured servers with best uptime guarantee ,robust features and greater performance.

Do not go to the sites that say top 10 hosting or anything of the likes because those are affiliate sites and for them the best host will be the one that pays them the most for passing you on to them.

Dedicated server is always better to have for your eCommerce website. As it is like getting a supercharge when it comes to loading times, server bandwidth and handling huge incoming traffic.

Go for Dedicated server.

Just being more popular these days "cloud hosting", doesn't mean you always require cloud for hosting. Depending on website requirements you need to select your hosting service. If your website is going to have normal traffic then no need to go for cloud hosting, you can get vps hosting and that will save your cost. As cloud will require more cost compared to vps.

Choosing VPS server hosting is the best suited to eCommerce website. It makes the complete access of the servers at low budget. VPS server hosting is the good option for the small business, eCommerce website, small blogs and middle level business who need full control over the servers within low budget.

web hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back