• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control Panel

/shrug....Hsphere feels cheap to me

They still have alot of kinks they have to work out before it would touch my box

Naw, I don't find H-Sphere will be the control panel of the future. The interface looks a bit well yeah cheap as ecsportal stated. Looks a bit old, I'm not sure if they've updated it yet.

The only future leading control panels I think have a chance are;

Helm (Windows)
Plesk (Linux/Windows)
DirectAdmin (Linux)

That's the only control panels I see, but maybe other people have different opinions.

Chief said:
Anyways, I wish that more people would give other control panels a try and stop thinking that cPanel is the best control panel out there.

Thank you.

IMO cPanel is the best out there and i think it will still the best i tryed DA didnt really like it but its pretty good but i say cPanel is better then DA

Carlos12 said:
IMO cPanel is the best out there and i think it will still the best i tryed DA didnt really like it but its pretty good but i say cPanel is better then DA

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

ecsportal said:
/shrug....Hsphere feels cheap to me

They still have alot of kinks they have to work out before it would touch my box

Talk about features, flexibility, management..... It smokes Cpanel.
I was a big fan of Cpanel, but Hsphere really out did them

You must be looking at a different skin for hsphere, they have some REALLY BAD standard skins but the Xpressia skin that comes standard is FAR better looking than any cpanel skin. Of course if you do not like the way it looks, www.hspheretemplates.com - or make your own which is what we are doing in house right now when we launch our new site.

As far as hsphere bugs there really are not a whole lot of them, when one is found they are all over it as fast as possible. Problem with hsphere is as far as system administrators go there are not alot of well educated people that can handle it.

dynamicnet.net is the place to go for excellent H-Sphere management. They are not by any means cheap but they are beautiful

Well let me say this please tell me if i am wrong or if i am flaming or doing something wrong everyone got an opinion but as the webhosting opinion or fact about the control panel i think A this Moment cPanel Smokes every control panel out there but i am not going to lie becuase since people uses cpanel and got used to it they dont have time to learn alot of stuff i think the 2nd good one is DA which in this year is going to smoke cPanel cuase i hear alot of webhosting companys are switching am miss you cpanel :(:(

Hello,

Ok I think cPanel + OS = about 1 or 2GB space. How much does DirectAdmin take up? (+ the OS).

Well let me say this please tell me if i am wrong or if i am flaming or doing something wrong everyone got an opinion but as the webhosting opinion or fact about the control panel i think A this Moment cPanel Smokes every control panel out there but i am not going to lie becuase since people uses cpanel and got used to it they dont have time to learn alot of stuff i think the 2nd good one is DA which in this year is going to smoke cPanel cuase i hear alot of webhosting companys are switching am miss you cpanel :(:(

That might be so, but it all depends on the time period. Who knows. cPanel might be on top for 10 more years, or it can fall tomorrow. You cant really put a time on it. (as you said 1yr.) in my opinion I'll think it'll take longer. Because DirectAdmin has been around for 3yrs. hasn't it? So if you're prediction was true, it would already be the leading control panel. But, maybe the 3yrs. were for advertising and marketing. But anyways, what I'm trying to say you can't really put a time period on how long cPanel is going to stay top.

Last edited:
Installatron is for cPanel too, correct?

What's cheaper, Fantastico or Installatron. (To buy a license)
or even EasyApps, but I'm not sure if that supports cPanel.

Because I like both; I just wanted to know.

Last edited:
easy apps is only for psoft's hsphere and free
installatron owned is $110
fantastico owned is $90

fantastico however is usually included for no cost when you lease a cpanel license from most datacenters

Thanks AN, I thought Installatron would be cheaper. Anyways, I guess I was wrong.

AN, how do you find EasyApps?

Actually it is best to buy InstallaTron leased. $60.00 for the first year and then $20.00/yr renewal. It would take you 2 yrs to get to the cost of Fantastico.

Anyway, the question about the disk usage DirectAdmin takes up. About 300MB. Memory Usage: 0.0MB Idle:p
-vs-
CPanel - Usual 20MB w/Default install+options idle.

The Following i think are the causes for Direct Admin not being as sucessfull as it could have been :

1. Defualt Skin - TOTALLY SUCKS. A 10 Year old could make the layout with those 70's Graphics :p Marina Should be included with Direct Admin and made Default.

2. Direct Admin is offered very less by hosts here :)

I am one of the BETA tester for WHMCS with DIRECT ADMIN support and till now it has few bugs. As soon as WHMCS releases Final Version of WHMCS with Direct Admin i shall start offering Direct Admin Hosting Aswell :)

A&M Hosting said:
anyone try/use LxAdmin? we use it on our base vps plan unless cpanel is requested. Just wondering others opinions on it.

Here is a demo of it LxAdmin Demo

I actually don't dislike it; there's many demo's. I never used it; only a demo. But it reminds me of H-Sphere and VHCS. I don't really know why :p

host4cheap said:
The Following i think are the causes for Direct Admin not being as sucessfull as it could have been :

1. Defualt Skin - TOTALLY SUCKS. A 10 Year old could make the layout with those 70's Graphics Marina Should be included with Direct Admin and made Default.

2. Direct Admin is offered very less by hosts here

I am one of the BETA tester for WHMCS with DIRECT ADMIN support and till now it has few bugs. As soon as WHMCS releases Final Version of WHMCS with Direct Admin i shall start offering Direct Admin Hosting Aswell

I actually love the default skin for DA :p But Yes, Marina is better.

Okay, this might be a bit off topic.

But does TC Admin only support windows 2003 OS? Cos' that's all it says on their website.

Last edited:
Are you sure you like this LOOK :confused4

screenshot.gif

Rather than this :p

Back