• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How does Page Rank Work and Questions?

Dufe

well to be honest I understand how the higher quality of links you have to your site the better it is ranked. But I personally have a few questions.

If I get a bunch of pr2 or pr3 links to my site is it possible for me to get a pr4 even though the links are lower ranking then a pr4?Sorta like Quantity over Quality in this case?

Do Pages from other search Engines boost my page rank?This one has puzzled me a bit, if they don't how does google tell it's a search engine or just a website when adding to page rank?

How long does it take for Google to update your page rank when you open a site?

the page rank is provide by google.If some website which page rank is 4 link to you site,maybe you websites' rank will be 3.

Page rank is provide by google.Google PageRank is a ranking system which ranks individual documents based on their empirical placement in the web. PageRank is the estimation that a random web surfer would cross a page.

How does PageRank work?

PageRank is passed through links. Each page only has so much PageRank which it can pass to other web documents. A dampening factor (approximately 85%) is set to allow the current pages PageRank to propagate through the rest of the web, while preventing all we pages from being ranked at a 10 or a 0.

The off going PageRank is split up between all links on that page (including links to other pages within that site). Therefore a PR 5 link on a page with 10 links is worth way more than a couple PR 5 link on a page with 100 links. One PR 8 link may be worth more than a thousand PR 3 links.

The value of any given link is hard to determine exactly. Generally though less links on a page means that more of that pages PageRank will be parsed out to your site. Also the higher the PageRank of a page the more PageRank it can pass on to other pages.

A page does not lose PageRank by linking out to other sites (unless it links out to penalized sites), it just has less PageRank to share amongst the other documents it is linking to.

well to be honest I understand how the higher quality of links you have to your site the better it is ranked. But I personally have a few questions.

If I get a bunch of pr2 or pr3 links to my site is it possible for me to get a pr4 even though the links are lower ranking then a pr4?Sorta like Quantity over Quality in this case?

Do Pages from other search Engines boost my page rank?This one has puzzled me a bit, if they don't how does google tell it's a search engine or just a website when adding to page rank?

How long does it take for Google to update your page rank when you open a site?

It is more important sometimes to have quality traffic going to your site aside from sites linking to you. Sites linking to you does make you easier to find though.

Back