• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by getweb

1. G

Value Based Server Advise

Dialtone I've been with Dialtone for 11 months now, they've always been solid. Even at 4AM this Sunday morning my server took a dive and they were on top of things. Their network is crazy fast, but they aren't the cheapest. Looks like all four you mentioned are great hosts. Adam Ellsworth...
  2. G

Who do you remember?

me too I'm still here! I remember Chicken. The rest is a blur.
  3. G

CCSLIDE or Instabill?

ibill Yes, I used iBill for a few months before I got my own merchant status. It actually integrated pretty well I thought. But like ccSlide or whatever, I think they charged really high percentages. However, now that I have a merchant account, I still use iBill as my transaction provider...
  4. G

Questions about dedicated servers

Agum, I could not find your email address, and my ICQ keeps crashing... I just got another dedicated server which is mostly empty. It is one of the new Raq4's with 128MB of RAM. Right now I have mySQL running on it, as well as CGI and ASP. I may be willing to offer you a large package...
  5. G

Host with sub-domains

Host with subdomains If you haven't found a solution yet, GetWebspace.com offers (pardon the word) "unlimited" subdomains, as well as Perl and Python CGI scripts. We do not advertise MySQL packages, but it is something we can give you. We are also adding ASP and PHP in the next week. With...
  6. G

How to handle time with CGI

Perl If you're using Perl, then all the functions necessary are already built in. Store the time as cds mentioned as seconds from 1970 (the Unix epoch!) This is easy! The time() function returns the current time, in seconds since 1970. Again, like cds said, then we can just subtract times...
  7. G

PS2

I'm still kicking myself. I was in Walmart around 9:30p the night PS2 came out, buying a CD for the drive home. I didn't even know what was going on, just that a group of people were standing around for some reason blocking all the Country CDs. The store only had like 25 I guess, but there were...
  8. G

uh huh

And I'd like a red bow on each one, please.
  9. G

Host that supports Python

Python host Stu, Since you asked, GetWebspace.com supports Python. We have a couple other people using it right now, and it'd probably be perfect just to tinker with. I myself don't know much Python. (Note: GetWebspace.com is owned by me.) -Adam Ellsworth GetWebspace.com
Back