• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by sonichost.net

1. S

Need Bandwidth On A Budget?

We accept all major credit cards and PayPal payments. No credit card? No problem! Contact us to arrange payment by Money Order. Our cPanel servers are located in the Hurricane Electric facility in Fremont, California. To see a network map click here. . You will find absolutely no Cogent...
  2. S

Hosting Request

We've been hosting websites locally since November 2001 and on the Internet since Feb. 2002. Our CPanel machines are located in the Hurricane Electric facility in Fremont, California. I can assure you that the peering is top quality, you won't find any Cogent here. ;) CPanel - Business...
  3. S

back up and raid necessary?

A backup is absolutely necessary if you value anything on the server. RAID I would say isn't necessary, but very nice to have. Also don't do like some and get the wild idea that RAID mirroring is a backup, it's not. Again it's nice to have, but dont use it as your only backup solution. :)
  4. S

firewall software

Sygate Personal Firewall is also good. http://www.sygate.com I have a nasty problem with Zone Alarm blue screening in XP.
  5. S

testing server speed?

Very true.
  6. S

Where to buy Secure certificate?

GeoTrust is excellent, I have 3 certificates from them. As Robert said, RackShack sells them for the insane price of $49. :)
  7. S

US troops shoot women and children.

Re: Re: US troops shoot women and children. So true.
  8. S

Internet Connection on two comps

I've never tried doing it that way, but I have networked 8 computers on a simple 10Mbps hub. I just ran AnalogX Proxy on the computer with the DSL connection and used a 2nd NIC to connect it to the hub. Then all I had to do was assign IP addresses in the same range and configure the...
  9. S

Hmm... Paypal.

PayPal rocks. I've been using their services for 16 months now without any problems to speak of. The 1.5% cash back on the debit card is nice too. :D
  10. S

Somebody help me with this

CLS is "Clear Screen" I remember that back from the BASIC days. :) That would list all files ending in .xls (Excel files). That would remove (delete) a directory. Did I mention cheating is bad? :D That should get you started though. I won't answer them all for you. :p
  11. S

can someone please advise me ?

Agreed. Can't go wrong with a good ole spool of CAT5/6 cable and a switch / router. It's cheap and easy to configure!
  12. S

War has begun!

Their site doesn't respond to pings, but it is up. Just slow. Maybe they're scared of being DOS attacked. :confused: Back on topic Webdude is right, it was at "leadership". They just hope that Saddam was included in that. The chances that they hit or killed anyone is very slim...
  13. S

Same Price, Double The Disk Space!!

For a *limited time* we are doubling the disk space on all cPanel accounts!! Listed below is our most popular plan, however the double disk space offer applies to all cPanel plans! Our cPanel machines are in the Hurricane Electric facility in Fremont, California. Hurricane Electric's...
  14. S

Need A New Home For Your Website? Look No Further!

We accept all major credit cards and PayPal payments. No credit card? No problem! Contact us to arrange payment by Money Order. Our cPanel servers are located in the Hurricane Electric facility in Fremont, California. To see a network map click here. You will find absolutely no Cogent...
  15. S

RackShack Down !

forum.rackshack.net doesn't work either for me. :confused:
Back