• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Starcraftmazter

1. S

The CentOS Project

Sure sure, but there is a potential for issues if someone chooses to attack your server in a large window of time between when RHEL releases security packages and the CentOS team ports them over.
  2. S

The CentOS Project

Is it compatible with cPanel/WHM though? (Even though it's not officially supported). I was thinking of firing it up in a VM this weekend seeing how well they play together. Sounds interesting. Do you use it? This LVE technology sounds every bit like virtulisation. Does it have any...
  3. S

The CentOS Project

Hello fellow hosts. My apologies for not being around here much as of late, however I really wanted some opinions from others in the business about the issue of CentOS. For those not following the project very closely, there have been a lot of problems in the last year or so with important...
  4. S

Control Panel - Pricing - Building A Control Panel

Someone I disagree. And try out what?
  5. S

I have not worked with windows servers...ever. And I am happier for it. A lot of what a control panel does has to do with the filesystem, which means the OS needs a very powerful shell - which windows seriously lacks, thus reducing any attempt to make a half-decent control panel for windows to...
  6. S

Windows is not a platform.
  7. S

Free Hosting Request

Sounds like a good cause. Have a look at packs 3-4 from our range: http://free.liway.com/
  8. S

Free Political Website

We can do that...with Pack 3. No requirements. http://free.liway.com/ :)
  9. S

Cheapest possible reseller?

Does anyone have a root reseller account from directi? (Ie. through resellerclub, and not from one of their resellers). Do they have a surcharge for adding funds with paypal/CC? And can anyone recommend any other ways which don't attract these surcharges? Does Directi for example do EFT?
  10. S

Mwzaf has been hacked

I know what RAID is and how it works. Are you referring to software raid? I can't imagine how hardware raid can rebuild the array from the OS.
  11. S

Mwzaf has been hacked

How's that?
  12. S

Mwzaf has been hacked

Actually not as good as new, it will take several hours to rebuild the array, the higher capacity the longer. That's a downtime which could have been avoided if you cared to purchase proper server HDs. Not to mention long-term costs and downtimes will go up because all your HDs will fail...
  13. S

Mwzaf has been hacked

That may be easy for you - if you are lucky enough as to live so close to the DC where you colo, but some of us live on an entirely different continent :auflag: Of course a server HDD is classified as a server HDD. You will after one fails on you after a few mere years of use.
  14. S

Mwzaf has been hacked

That would mean every time you wanted to do backups, you would have to pay for DC to do server management...on every server. The bills would be massive. Actually they are not. That is to say, yes they will not stop working if you use them 24x7 in the same sense that a computer will shut down...
  15. S

Mwzaf has been hacked

I find this somewhat hypocritical...depending on how you do it. Where do you house the HDDs? If it's inside the server, then they can be accessed, then it's not a true backup. If it's elsewhere (in the DC), then you have to pay for extra colo space and power. If it's at your house, then you...
Back