• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Albert

Which _2_ nameservers with mydomain.com?

At the moment ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com are down. I configured these 2 only, because I can configure 2 dns-servers only. For a quick solution I changed to ns1 and ns3. Is this a good idea? Which dns-servers with mydomain.com should I use, if I only can configure 2 nameservers?
  2. Albert

What do I need: VPS or reseller plan?

In the meantime my friends and I discuss the legal part of a vps. With a reseller account we do not have root rights, so we cannot be made responsible if the server is hacked. Assume the server is hacked and someone spreads a new virus from this machine or does other illegal things. I think...
  3. Albert

So there should be no big price-difference, if I don't need cpanel or whm and manage everything myself?
  4. Albert

Very small reseller plan

Hey, that's no good entry: ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.dimereseller.com/hsignup.php? The following error was encountered: * Connection Failed The system returned: (111) Connection refused The remote host or network may be...
  5. Albert

I don't know how long I use Linux now as a Desktop-client with local servers, I think it is about 8 years that I use SuSE and since about 3 years I use Debian too. I know how to setup a mail- or dns-server e.g., but I am unexperienced with apache or another webserver, although apache is running...
  6. Albert

Very small reseller plan

Jailed ssh is ok. Can I give ssh-access to my "customers" as I want or do _you_ have to setup it? We are unsure, what everybody of us wants/needs and therefore there are some general questions. I would like to setup myself as much as possible, because we have the experiences, that it could...
  7. Albert

Needed: Reseller Hosting for cheap

Click here to resolve error String ID: hx6EvSPWWSZn
  8. Albert

I am unsure what would be best for me, VPS or a reseller plan. Especially I see so much differences with VPS-offers. Do I have to install all packages by myself with a vps or do I get a configured standard-setup, so I only have to add apps, if I need them? Do I have to update the system by...
  9. Albert

Very small reseller plan

Is this as special offer, because your faq says: http://www.hosttitan.com/faq.html Is shell access available? Unless utilizing a dedicated server, shell access is not available. For specific tasks, please contact support. It is very likely we can help you. Could you please explain "adult...
  10. Albert

Very small reseller plan

We are a few (3-4) people, who are not very satisfied with our hosters. Our aim is to configure everything (as much as security allows) ourselves. So we think a reseller plan, would fit more our needs, because of the administration tools. A space with 2-3GB would be enough. We have no...
  11. Albert

Do you have problems with pixelhostings too?

Since months I have problems with http://pixelhosting.net/ and unfortunately they don't answer all my support-tickets in the last time. I was a long time patient before I posted here to get a feedback, because for years I was a very satisfied customer of them. It is always the same: "Sorry...
  12. Albert

WorldzonePro status?

I remember that there were other hacks too. An explanation would be nice, what happened and what worldzone does against it. Waht about IDS and hardened kernel? Worldzone isn't the cheapest, compared to other hosters I know, they are about 6 times more expenisve compared to my "playground...
  13. Albert

WorldzonePro status?

Same problem here. Is there an email-address beside worldzone to contact them?
  14. Albert

Experiences with pixelhosting.be

Tell the ISP that you will search for another ISP if they don't fix it. Every customer of your ISP cannot reach your website and send you mail. If they don't react, go to a lawyer. When I told my former ISP to contact a lawyer they solved the problem within hours, but I was supported by the...
  15. Albert

Go to a friend with another ISP and check what happens. Maybe you have the same probleme that I had, that the former ISP has a local entry for DNS-resolution. Good luck! I am unsure if http://www.whois.sc/ shows correct data. It says "parked" for my domains, which work fine and are active.
  16. Albert

I have no idea what your problem is. I can see your site with the forum. One topic: "AKIRA IS LEAVING WARHEADS...GOODBYE OR THANK GOD" host darkgrid.com darkgrid.com has address 209.123.255.77 7 linx-lon1-racc1.lon.seabone.net (195.22.209.109) 81.141 ms 83.447 ms 89.881 ms 8...
  17. Albert

Hoster for 2nd Mailserver

ROTFL and :crying5: http://riverworld.net/?area=tos Section 7A: Privacy Policy Glenn Matthew Hill will in no way will guarantee any customer's details will remain private. Glenn Matthew Hill reserves the right to sell any information to any third-party.
  18. Albert

It was a similar situation for me. For 5 days there were no outages, then I paid and the problems began, that's bad luck, but I always was very satisfied with the support. Maybe I can give you a hint for your DNS-problem. I am not talking of pixelhosting, but of a former local ISP! After I...
  19. Albert

Hoster for 2nd Mailserver

Please don't offer lager packages, than I need. I don't want to pay for something, which I don't use. Private messages are welcome.
  20. Albert

After this outage, I installed a small file on the website, containing "ok" and download this every 15min with a cronjob. There were no outages anymore till now. I cancelled my local nagios-mionitoring-system because this confirms only, if a service is down, but does not confirm, if a service...
Back