• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. rhianna

Using Wikis?

I know something about wikis (i.e. sometimes I use Wikipedia) but how do webmasters use wikis in their sites? I've read about the following but I'm not sure how I would use them. How would you use them in your sites/communities/whatever you create on the web? http://pbwiki.com/...
  2. rhianna

Heard of this software? -- XSite Pro

I just did a search here for XSite Pro but didn't find anything. Its site claims that it's the latest & greatest software for webmasters but I'm wondering if their puffery is all hype? :eek2: What do you think? As an update I found this Review of XsitePro interesting because it explained...
  3. rhianna

DSL or Cable Upgrade Questions

I live in the United States (just outside of New York City). I've been on Dial-UP for 10 years with the "same" company (now owned by EarthLink) and I pay $21.95 per month for the Dial-Up, 8 e-mail boxes (I only use two of the eight) and 10 MB of webspace. I'm just not sure which to pick and...
  4. rhianna

Punk Music Show @ CBGB Wednesday night, April 26th at 7:30pm

Please come out and see CHARGERTRON play at CBGB Wednesday night, April 26th at 7:30pm. My brother is the lead singer and the guys are psyched up because they finally made it to CBGB. 16 w/ valid I.D to enter, 21 to drink $7 Cover They'll be unveiling the brand new song "Goth Girl in my...
  5. rhianna

Blog -- succe$s w/Adsense or not?

I have 2 blogs with Blogger (owned by Google). Each time I log in I see that invitation to join Adsense. While it would be nice to make some money off of my blogs, I hesitate. I don't like the fact that Adsense is a code that enables Google to decide what types of advertisements will be...
  6. rhianna

Free Punk Rock Show Live @ the Continental January 5th

Come see a live Free Punk Rock Show Live @ the Continental (New York City). This is going to be totally awesome! See CHARGERTRON for free on Thursday January 5th. Live @ the Continental 25 3rd Ave. @ St. Mark's Place (8th St.) Thursday, January 5th 11:00pm You can read CHARGERTRON news @...
  7. rhianna

NYC Free Punk Show Thursday, January 5th 2006

There is a free show on Thursday, January 5th. Continental January 5th 11pm st marks place no cover (you need to be 21 in the state of New York to drink) CHARGERTRON Live @ the Continental (not Airlines Arena) 25 3rd Ave. @ St. Mark's Place (8th St.) -- New York City Thursday, January...
  8. rhianna

Antivirus

I just read a recent article from Australian PC World, Dec 2005 p69 entitled "10-Step Security." The article describes various procedures to ensure PC security. I need antivirus protection but I don't have a lot of money to spend on programs :cry2: The article recommends the AVG...
  9. rhianna

Nice & Free CSS Layouts?

Can anyone suggest online sources of good (and free) CSS Layouts? glish.com : CSS layout techniques is and it's pretty good. I am always on the look-out for more, any suggestions? :book:
  10. rhianna

Advice on Quota (space & # of files)?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could advise me about managing my storage space and # of files I have in my present hosting package with 1&1 Hosting. I pay them $10 a month. I own 3 top level domains. The Total storage space is 10,000.00 MB So far Used storage space is 111.11 MB...
  11. rhianna

Best Free tagboard/chatbox for blog?

Hi, I used to use NVNCBL Chatterbox, but it terminated its services on 11/12/2005 :crysad: It had great features such as: 100% color customization, IP banning, Unlimited archive (none deleted), No maximum post character limit, In-box post deletion, On/Off censorship, flood control...
  12. rhianna

Passing Browser Inspection -- Please Help

Many of my webpages still have that "1998 Look" :biggrin2: so I've been converting old pages while developing new pages/sites by using CSS. Due to spyware/malware problems, I deleted Microsoft Internet Explorer and I also deleted Microsoft Outlook Express. I blame both of those programs...
  13. rhianna

What is a pr4?

Lately many posts refer to pr4 but I don't understand what that means. I think it has something to do with page rankings, but I have seen references to "pr4 links" what is meant by that and how does a webmaster know if a site is pr4? :confused4
  14. rhianna

Which is more productive for the webmaster?

I read this article about Google Adsense. Please share your opinion(s) in very general terms: should a webmaster concentrate on affiliate products from places such as Commission Junction/Linkshare or does Google Adsense have the capability to bring in more revenue? Should the webmaster...
  15. rhianna

Privacy Policy Tips?

Hi, I affiliate with a number of merchants/companies by using a third party accounting/marketing/affiliate enabling firm. I just received a notice telling me that I should have a privacy policy on my site. Has anyone created one of these? I'm not sure what to say. I personally do...
  16. rhianna

Sudden Blog Design Failure

I've been blogging since 2001 and I've been happy with the template I modified from Blogger but tonight I tried to post something new and something went wrong. Please take a look at my blog You'll see a title and then a huge amount of white space the length of my floating archive/navigation...
  17. rhianna

June 11th, 10pm CHARGERTRON & MARK MENDEZ'S B-DAY

:coolmusic :coolmusic Okay, so here's the deal.... CHARGERTRON is playing a blistering set of rock -n- roll Saturday night,10pm at Arlene's Grocery. Hear the brand new hit single "Mark doesn't know". After that, everyone is piling over to Nice Guy Eddie's (on 1st St. and Ave. A -...
  18. rhianna

Taskbar/Toolbar help

ROTFLMAO Laugh at me if you want, but I must have clicked something wrong :cry2: I would like my task bar (with the start button) and the other icons to be at the bottom of my browser. After inadvertently clicking something wrong, the task bar now goes vertically up & down the...
  19. rhianna

Firefox Browser: Can't see potential links

Hi, I used to be able to hover over a link with my mouse and see the url of the link. I am not sure why, but I can not do this anymore; I would like to restore the capability. I also am an Earthlink user. Earthlink now has its big toolbar floating around but that shouldn't interfere...
  20. rhianna

Ways to use Secure Shell (SSH) Access?

Hi, I have Secure Shell (SSH) Access. What can I use that for? I'm not sure what to do with it. Can anyone suggest websites where I might find tutorials? Any suggestions? Also I notice that my Secure Shell (SSH) Access is for use with a domain I didn't intend. Would I be able to...
Back