• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Agum

Multiple versions of Firefox on your PC

Hey, I know you guys are a pretty active web development community, so I figure somebody might know the answer to this. How do you install/use multiple versions of Firefox on Windows? Preferably, I'd even want to run, say FF1.0, FF1.5 and FF2.0 side by side. If side by side is not possible, at...
  2. Agum

JS: Prototype.js- Event.stop doesnt work with IE

Hi all, I have a quick question/problem. So I have a login form. Here's my JS: Event.observe(window, 'load', init, false); function init() { Event.observe('loginForm', 'submit', loginAction); } function loginAction(event) { Event.stop(event); // do other stuff } This...
  3. Agum

The big guys?

Hi guys, It's been a long time since I registered a domain. Back in my days (2000-ish), there was only NetworkSolutions (that just came out from being monopoly) and Joker, and some newer ones like godaddy just came out. I was wondering nowadays who is considered "the big guys" in domain...
  4. Agum

PHP5/MySQL5 hosting

Hi guys, I'm working on a highly interactive web app (AJAX and all). Development is being done on php5 and MySQL5 on my machine right now, so I'd like to have that. I'm looking for cheap hosting to start off with, anything below $20/mo will do. Because it's highly interactive, cpu usage...
  5. Agum

RegEx help

I need a RegEx pattern that checks for usernames. The username must consist of only alphanumeric characters or hyphen (-) or underscore (_). The thing is, hyphen or underscore must have an alphanumeric character before and after it. Test cases: Spiderman = ok Spider-man = ok Spider_man = ok...
  6. Agum

Suggestion for USB wireless adapter

Hi all, I have a problem with some wireless setup in my house. Basically I have a router in one room in the house, and there is a desktop PC in another room which is just on the opposite corner of the house. Currently I have a Motorola USB wireless adapter on it, it works, but the signal is...
  7. Agum

Need hosting for online radio shows

Group of my friends building an online radio shows type of site. Need hosting for it. These are original talk shows (emph: not music) recorded by my friends themselves. Haven't decided on file formats so far but I think just the regular stuff - RealMedia, WMA/ASF. Due to the nature of the web...
  8. Agum

Maxtor Harddisk Tools?

Hi, is there any harddisk checking tools for Maxtor harddrives that can check if an hdd is good/healthy or not? I am getting some strange cyclic redundancy check errors whenever I try to install a software or even just making a new folder in C:\WINDOWS. I have a feeling this is an hdd error...
  9. Agum

Perl: SELECT from db

Hi, Perl question. If I want to execute a SELECT query to a SQL database and get its results and basically just print the results out line by line, what is the exact syntax to do it? From Googling, I basically know so much: $sql = "SELECT * FROM table1"; $dbh = DBI->connect(...
  10. Agum

PHP: storing array in cookies

Is it possible to store an array instead of single variables in cookies in PHP? I can make do with one variable and have each value comma-separated.. but would prefer array if possible. More efficient.
  11. Agum

PHP: connecting to remote MySQL server

Hi, Basically the site I'm writing this banner rotator script for is on a host that doesn't support MySQL. (don't ask, long story. I know most hosts support it and all now, but it's just impossible to move at this point. sorry long story.) However I'd like to use MySQL to store info like how...
  12. Agum

.wmv audio section -> .mp3

Hello, is there a simple program (emphasis: simple. not a full-fledged video editting program like Premiere or Ulead or whatever) that I can use to extract the audio part of a .wmv into a .mp3 file (or just .wav -- I can convert it back to .mp3 with some other programs easily)? Also I need to...
  13. Agum

PHP: random banner rotator problem

Hi, I'm trying to write a banner rotator script in PHP, one that doesn't use SSI to call or include() in a php script or anything. In other words, the way I want it to work is basically like WebAdverts back then (for perl), where you would include a static HTML on a regular HTML page like...
  14. Agum

ODBC question - for the database experts

can anyone explain or give me a link to a page that explains how ODBC really works? i'm under the impression that ODBC is simply a set of libraries that have functions that let you easily connect to an oracle database (or other database systems as well i assume, like MS Access?) and do stuff...
  15. Agum

Distinguished Road?

just a random question but I figure it might be called off-topic on any other boards (even General Disc.) so I just ask it here... what's distinguished road? I just found out that it says Agum is on a distinguished road under my name... yeah I'm kinda a newb at vbulletin, especially features...
  16. Agum

Uninstalling Norton Internet Security requiring CD?

Hey all, you guys are all pretty helpful with the weird computer troubles I post here from time to time.... so here's one more :P I'm asking this for a friend actually. She has Norton Internet Security that came with her computer when she got it (I hope I remember right that's Internet...
  17. Agum

Formatting a Compaq PC

Hi, I have this old Compaq PC here that's a Pentium 2 550Mhz I believe.. yeah I know it should go to the trash can or the garage but hey it's a P2 it has some uses. I've been wanting to format it to clean up the junk on it (although backing up data is a pain, mind you there's no cd-burner of...
  18. Agum

Host for small site w/ php mysql

I need to host a small forum (thus requiring php and mysql). It's not commercial and has no way of making profit whatsoever, it's just for a small community. I was using thinkhosted.com for this but they mysteriously changed their free plan to a whooping 75mb bandwidth per month limit rather...
  19. Agum

Picture host?

Looking for a place to host pictures.. posting because the advanced search doesn't have such field.. Don't need a lot of space, like 10mb. don't need a lot of bandwidth too. Don't need any features, I just need to store pictures there. Allowing remote linking would be nice (not img tag...
  20. Agum

free email hosting?

you know a few years back there were services like everyone.net, bigmailbox.com, etc. that let you offer free email for your visitors? are there still such things nowadays? I'm not really caught up in these free services stuff in the recent few years so I was wondering.
Back