• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. robin

cheap raq hosting?

anybody know of a place that hosts cheap (under $100/month) dedicated RaQ3 or 4 servers? just curious.
  2. robin

winamp locker is closing!

unless i download all 398 of my mp3's from myplay.winamp.com by december 3rd, they're gone forever. i knew it was too good to be true.
  3. robin

suggestions for an e-zine

am attempting to reinvent my current site as an ezine-ish type thing. I came up with a mockup for the front page; it can be seen at http://nerdcore.org/new/mainpage.htm the right side is horribly bare, but I don't want to fill it up with more boxes or anything. any constructive suggestions...
  4. robin

geeky affiliate programs...

I used to run ad banners from VA Linux on my website where each hit would give you points toward free geek shwag like t-shirts and (yum!) quake 3 for linux. They discontinued it a while ago and now I'm hankerin' for a new affiliate program-type-thing that caters mainly toward the opensource geek...
  5. robin

valuablehost.com speed??

I want to host one of my domains at valuablehost (great features, implausibly low price, admin is nice guy, whatnot) ... I went to valuablehost.com today and it is really really really really slow... so are all the sites I know of that are hosted there. Is this a normal thing or is something up...
  6. robin

need me some sendmail help! ack!!

OK. So I have a server running rh6.2 and sendmail... ehh... 8.9.3 or so, which should probably be upgraded. Not sure if the upgrade will help, but yeah. By default, sendmail on a.com doesn't accept mail from b.net to c.org unless b.net is in a list of domains in /etc/mail/access... all well...
  7. robin

FWP with mailing lists?

I'm wondering if this exists... I'm looking for a FWP that will (1) host my domain and (2) let me run a pretty low-traffic mailing list (like a majordomo-type discussion list, *not* just an announcement list!). Ads and amount of space aren't important.... or am I going to have to pay for this?
  8. robin

button exchanges

so, do y'all recommend button exchanges as a way to get traffic? and if so, which ones out there are good? thanks;)
  9. robin

IP address lookup?

so, I know there's a site (or, there used to be) that, given an IP address or block of IPs, would tell you who they belonged to. Anyone know where this is? I checked IANA but no dice... oh yeah. and i tried typing in 'host [ip address goes here]' in the NSI whois lookup, but it came up with...
  10. robin

Business FWP for teens

http://www.jagera.com offers 50MB, no ads, domain hosting, unique IP address, CGI, 3GB transfer, and more stuff to teen webmasters looking to break into e-business, or something... might interest some people who need places to run free services and stuff. I think they're ad free.
  11. robin

RAM requirements...

Looking for opinions here... for a pretty small (yeah for niche marketing!) paid host running on 2 400MHZ dedicated servers on some high speed network or other, what's the minimum amount of RAM that will still render the server useable and pretty fast?
  12. robin

selling a uk domain?

so I've got this .org.uk domain I want to sell, and as it's short (3 letters) I might be able to get something for it... thing is, I have no idea how to sell a domain, especially a .uk one. My questions, then: (1) Where can I get my domain appraised professionally (for as little $$ as...
  13. robin

a few new FWPs

behold the results of another of my random boredom-induced FWP searches! macrules.com (macintosh sites only) - 10MB, some unspecified bandwidth limit, FTP upload, subdomain (lots to choose from) or domain URL, email, preinstalled CGI scripts, no adult stuff (woohoo! naked iMacs!)...
Back