• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. TehGuy

Done any fun scripts / projects lately?

Every now and then you make something just for the pure fun of it, so I figured I'd make a thread for showing off those sorts of projects. I woke up maybe 2 hours ago and decided I was gonna try to make a simple game with JavaScript/jQuery, and here's the result: http://jsfiddle.net/jFMmN/...
  2. TehGuy

I'm looking for some bachelor party ideas

So I'm looking for some bachelor party ideas. The plan was gonna be camping / drinking, but that fell through due to schedules with out of town people. The party is this Saturday. Two conditions here, unfortunately: 1. No strippers / strip clubs. 2. Most of us (10 people or so) are...
  3. TehGuy

MySQL - (Select Order Limit ) THEN Order again ASC?

The title basically explains the problem I'm having. I'm pretty new to SQL, so hopefully there's an easy way to do this. My query looks like this right now: $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 15"); It selects the biggest 15 dates from the table, sorted in...
  4. TehGuy

Random Bits of Trivia

In this here thread thang, we will discuss interesting facts with very little relevance to anything worthwhile. Also, we will viciously attack anyone and everyone who introduces a false piece of information to the internet conversation. Did you know polar bear livers contain high...
  5. TehGuy

Need some hosting with PHP

I haven't had hosting for a few years now, so I'm kinda lost on who the good webhosts are nowadays. Anyhow, my interest in all this fancy internet-building stuffs has been reignited. I'm looking for: 100mb space 500mb data transfer A MySQL Database PHP FTP That's all I need. I...
  6. TehGuy

Best/Worse of the Decade

The decade is coming to a close in a little under 2 weeks. I guess most people are referring to it as the 00s but that's kind of lame. It works for things like the 90s and 80s because you can say "the nineties" or "the eighties" but the "zero zeros" or "oh ohs" just doesn't work. So, what...
  7. TehGuy

Awesome Mousepads

I'm looking for a new mousepad. A steel/aluminum/hard-plastic mouse pad, preferably, but not necessarily (as long as it fits all my criteria below). I bought a steel mouse pad maybe 8 years ago that was great, but it got lost in a move a few years back. One limitation to the pad is that it...
  8. TehGuy

What would you do in the the event of a Zombie Apocalypse?

Weird question I guess, but I've been playing too much Left 4 Dead recently, and I watched Dawn of the Dead for the first time last week (it's on Hulu!) and Terminator Salvation yesterday (it's an end of the world / us vs them type movie). This reminds me I still need to see Zombieland. I...
  9. TehGuy

We made a mostly functional cat brain, yay!

Weird title for the thread, but hey, it's true! I'm talking about this article from popular science. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. I know some other research team hopes to simulate a whole human brain in 10 years, too. Makes you curious about what we'll actually have 10 or 20 years...
  10. TehGuy

So, it's Halloween

As the title says, it's Halloween. I'm kinda surprised there's not a thread for this already. So, what are you peoples doing for Halloween? Scaring the ---- out of kids? Seeing a horror movie? Going to a party and getting wasted? Sitting at home and getting wasted? Getting wasted and then...
  11. TehGuy

Hot CPU and GPU =(

I'm trying to fix an older computer (not even mine, it's my mom's) that was recently slightly upgraded (only went from 512mb ram to 1gb and something like an athlon 2400 to 3200). The computer itself is probably 3 or 4 years old. It has an Athlon 3200+ XP, NVidia 6600GT (128MB), and the...
  12. TehGuy

Really basic xtml/css layout

This is my first time making an XTML/CSS site ever; I basically made it by skimming over W3Schools.com for reference. I was just looking to make a simple layout to learn how to make a valid XTML page and a refresher on CSS. I'll be using this for random PHP projects I'm making, so I don't care...
  13. TehGuy

Looking for reliable hosting

I'm looking for reliable hosting for working on re-learning PHP/mySQL. I really won't have much in the way of traffic or space as nothing big will really be hosted. Preferably, I want a host that has been around for over 1 year and doesn't require me to post in a forum to keep the hosting. I...
  14. TehGuy

Building a new computer

I'm building a new computer purely for gaming; I haven't built a new one for 4 years so mine is really outdated at this point. I'm hoping to keep the cost around $700 but I CAN'T exceed $800. I already have a case, DVD/CD burner, and a floppy drive. Here's what I've come up with so far...
  15. TehGuy

American Primaries (IA done, NH next)

So, the American primaries are going on now; Just figured I'd see what everyone thinks about them. In case you haven't kept up, the Iowa caucuses are done with and the New Hampshire primaries are coming up January 8th. For Democrats, Obama got 37.58% of the vote (16 delegates), next was...
  16. TehGuy

Reliable/Fast Host for $3-$4

I'm looking for shared hosting with very low downtime (non-existent is good too :-)) and fast speeds. As long as I have over 150mb space and 2gb transfer/month, I should be fine (mostly just using it for showing off PHP scripts). I'd prefer if the servers were in the United States. I don't...
  17. TehGuy

Half-Life Mod Source...again

I had my site, Half-Life Mod Source reviewed here about 4 months ago or so, and I was basically told it sucked, it was too dull, and the banner sucked. (along with all the other graphics, so I've finally made an attempt at redoing the design. I haven't really had much time to work on it in the...
  18. TehGuy

Made a new site...what do you think?

I've made a new site for something I'm starting up, and I'd just like to get some feedback on the design part of the site. I'm not very good at design, and seeing as how I'm sorta color blind, I sometimes do funny things with the colors on a site. I'm trying to go for a nice look that's...
  19. TehGuy

Most Money for Reading E-mail ads?

I've been looking at a few of this things where you get paid to read e-mail ads, and I was wondering if anyone here does any of those. What are the highest paying ones, and which are the easiest to do? Give me your links to the best ones you can find! Thanks!
  20. TehGuy

Fear and Smear Ads/Kerry in Vietnam?

So...I've been hearing a lot about John Kerry and Vietnam in the news lately along with both sides (Democrats and Republicans) complaining about all the smear ads each puts up against one another. John Kerry's been hit pretty hard by the tapes from congress from like...1972 or whatever where he...
Back