• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Kwek

Perhaps it's time for a request template?

That is the ideal situation in your opinion. When we leave things open, there is a greater amount of flexibility, and it is thus easier to make the general public happy; when we impose far too many constraints, people tend to shy away. Anyway, I am not against the implementation of such a form...
  2. Kwek

What about those who do not know what they want? How is that different from the current situation? I understand what you are hitting at, but a mandatory form may intimidate the newbies, while an optional form doesn't really change anything. It may make it less of a hassle for some people to...
  3. Kwek

Ironically, if they are in the minority insofar that you'd say "far, far outnumbered", what phenomenon gives rise to this thread? If this forum is an exception to what you have seen generally on other forums, it is necessary that we are an exact mimic of something else? A search on Google would...
  4. Kwek

I'd like to throw in my two cents as well. If you feel that there shouldn't be a need for you to nudge the person requesting the hosting in the right direction due to a lack of mandatory requirements, I believe that you are free to advertise your web host in response to the request given that...
  5. Kwek

Dear free hosting providers

Is it really necessary to establish such a strict authoritative regime on this? As far as I know, there are no ISO standards to enforce this. Neither are there auditors constantly probing Peo. Understandably, you all want to maintain a certain level of quality for everyone who visits this site...
  6. Kwek

Google Wave: It's The End of the World As We Know It...

I was actually planning on utilising Google Wave once it was better developed.
  7. Kwek

What Windows Versions have you used?

Windows 3.1 Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows NT Windows 2000 Windows ME Windows 2003 Server Windows Vista Windows 2008 Server Windows 2008 Server R2 Windows 7
  8. Kwek

I'm so amused with this

I'm more than amused. Good job, Omelge.
  9. Kwek

No worry!! Make calm yourself

The big red button? Oh, the big red button. Y'know, it looks like it might actually be of some benefit.
  10. Kwek

O Hai

I haven't been around here for quite a while already, but it's still great to see you back. Glad to hear about the baby! Congratulations. :D
  11. Kwek

I just realized if DarkKnight were smarter, he could be the new Giancarlo

Giancarlo's posts always give me a good laugh.
  12. Kwek

PHP or ASP.net

I usually let my environment make the decision. If it's on a Windows platform, I'd more than likely go for ASP.NET. If it's on a Linux box, PHP it shall be then--provided that I aren't working with Java Servlets. :)
  13. Kwek

OMG.. I joined here in year 2004 and I still see the same people...

I don't exactly remember you, but I was never active in the past, so it makes perfect sense. :D
  14. Kwek

Your First Operating System?

Windows 3.1 was my first.
  15. Kwek

Question

Unfortunately, there are certain rules to abide by. :fangel:
  16. Kwek

iFrames?

If you're going to be coding the layout in CSS/XHTML, you might as well do the same for that small area too. Consistency is good. Then again, an iFrame would probably work without much hassle, though. Once again, it boils down to personal preference. :P We probably found the same website...
  17. Kwek

iFrames?

I doubt anyone would be against iFrames if they are lain out properly, and that's the job of the designer. There's a lot to be accomplished with them, considering that they are basically instances of pages on a single page (the irony). It really depends on what you're trying to do, I'd say. The...
  18. Kwek

iFrames?

Actually, I take that back. They are not messy or unwieldy per se, and like I've mentioned, it's more of a matter of preference versus conventions. It really depends on what you want to achieve. I'd tend to think that iFrames can perform amazingly well for static sites, but may pose issues when...
  19. Kwek

iFrames?

Nobody uses iFrames nowadays because they're messy and unwieldy. I first learnt them in school nearly seven years ago. Nowadays, everyone makes use of CSS and XHTML to design their websites. CSS and XHTML are much more versatile than iFrames in my own humble opinion. Support for iFrames should...
  20. Kwek

Looking for VPS

I'm sorry if you think that I'm being unnecessarily meddlesome, but you might want to elaborate more on what you mean by your "trial and review purpose". After all, a free VPS isn't exactly a minor deal, so any potential hosts looking at your request would want to have a more specific idea of...
Back