• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Seraphim

Looking for a dedi with native IPv6

Here's what I have in mind for a dedi in order to revitalize my operations and possibly expand into VM and game server hosting. Lets see whats out there. Xeon Haswell CPU, E3-1230V3 or better At Least 8GB of ram, 16GB preferred At least 2x 250GB HDD- it MUST have 2 physical devices so that I...
  2. Seraphim

Everything is rigged.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425 Even though a lot of people have suspected this for quite some time, some of the largest banking institutions have admitted in court that they've been manipulating market indexes in order...
  3. Seraphim

I think I died and went back in time...

Someone linked me to a bunch of videos of music being played on a group of floppy drives. The best one so far are these three: What is Love Bad Apple Ghostbusters The sound these make always has a certain fondness to someone who's been working with computers for years. But I'd...
  4. Seraphim

Searching for Jobs

Anyone here have some pointers for finding job openings related to IT and hosting? Circumstances are forcing me to look into relocating, but one of the deciding factors is going to be how likely I am to get and keep a job where I am going to be moving to. I've been working with computers...
  5. Seraphim

Hosting that's ready when you are, with SeraphimLabs LLC

The things that the internet can do these days. Haven't you ever wondered what your own ideas might be capable of creating? SeraphimLabs LLC can help. Hosting people's dreams since 2009, people using our service enjoy the benefits of customized configurations to suit the exact needs of their...
  6. Seraphim

Advertising for fetish sites

Have a bit of an odd dilemna here. Over time I seem to have accumulated a number of fetish sites on my hosting, many of which are so subtile people might not even realize that it's a fetish. But I found out some time ago that Google updated their terms of service to no longer allow...
  7. Seraphim

FBI says sudo all your servers are now ours.

http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/11/11647813-the-fbi-took-and-mysteriously-returned-their-server-heres-their-story?chromedomain=usnews Pretty much the FBI was investigating something, and without any of the usual procedures or even clear evidence went in and took a server right out...
  8. Seraphim

Internets of Internets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7nplZ_LGW7g Never thought I would hear a song from 2012 that doesn't suck, but if you listen closely to this it's actually about the internet.
  9. Seraphim

Estimating the capacity of a VPS node

Lately I've been wondering this just as kind of an offhand thing. On average, how many VPSs can be made per physical CPU in a system? I do know the RAM and Hard Drive are also limiting factors, but someone recently told me that a single quad-core CPU would not be able to reliably support...
  10. Seraphim

Hi Ben

Been a while since I've seen you on this side.
  11. Seraphim

Another one bites the dust

Just saw a news banner on NBC in the middle of one of their normal scheduled programs. Apparently, Whitney Houston has died at age 48. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Houston So here we go again, another round of celebrity deaths.
  12. Seraphim

Community feedback

I'd like to hear the staff's side of the story on this. Lately there has been a ton of community feedback regarding the way things are being handled, and it really is being largely ignored or at least appears to be. Aside from the regular swinging of the hammer of ban on rule-breakers, which...
  13. Seraphim

Dan Wheldon dies

On fire and backwards, after a 15 car chain reaction in the Indy Vegas race today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOsZtDyr6Ls They did a 5 lap salute, and canceled the rest of the race. Some of the footage of the wreck as it happened is just incredible. All you see is debris and...
  14. Seraphim

Suggestion: Automatic locking of old threads in requests and offers sections

I'm pretty sure it's possible for this software package to do. Set it up so that any thread in a request or offers sections to go more than 30 days without new posts is automatically locked. That way old threads can't be revived without asking a moderator to unlock it. It might help cut down...
  15. Seraphim

SeraphimLabs Web Hosting, we're there for you.

In addition to our ever successful free hosting plan, SeraphimLabs offers paid hosting too. Our smallest paid plan, perfect for your forum or blog, is the Starter Plan. Starter 1 Subdomain/Domain Parking 1 MySQL Database 10 e-mail addresses 15GB/month bandwidth 1500MB storage...
  16. Seraphim

Government Seizure? Or well played hoax...

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=10/11/26/1450257 At first glance it looks like the government seriously seized a site. But something doesn't add up in the way it was done. I was discussing this with some people a little while ago, and am curious what you guys make of this. Is...
  17. Seraphim

Gathering info for VPS/Dedi reseller

I am looking at picking up a reseller package for Dedicated and VPS servers as an extension of my existing shared hosting service, that way I can offer VPS and Dedicated Server arrangements to my customers as well as shared hosting. Would prefer providers that forbid as little as legally...
  18. Seraphim

Ad Network recommendations for free hosts

I've heard that Google Adsense actually does quite poorly on forums and blogs, which seem to be the dominant type of site on free hosting. Reading into the matter a bit, it seems like ad networks that are primarally CPM-based would work much better for a free host to use. Does anyone have...
  19. Seraphim

Lost Signal Network IRC

With three servers in DNS Round Robin that are barely hitting their load percentages for low latency and high availability, Lost Signal Network offers high quality free IRC for general use. Our staff is available nearly 24/7 and is very familiar with IRC and Computers, as well as a suprising...
  20. Seraphim

SeraphimLabs Web Hosting Service

SeraphimLabs is now offering low-cost web hosting with personal service and no nonsense. Supports PHP/MySQL with FTP and SFTP access, free IRC, and fast support response. Other services available by request. Full details here along with contact information and signups. This server is...
Back