• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. R

Can't believe my username still works

Technically, I'm far from a "new member", but I haven't posted in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I'm going to be shocked if there is anyone here who is old enough to remember me, but I used to post here all the time back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I used to help run cgiforme.com with Uri...
  2. R

Drowning Pool frontman dies

http://www.drowningpool.com/news.shtml
  3. R

Help me name this song!

Before I get flamed for not just typing the lyrics into google or lyricsworld.com, I will say that I already tried thsoe. It might be because I'm not hearing the lyrics correctly or something, but I'm not sure. It's a fast paced rock song, but it's not very hard. One thing about the...
  4. R

Darryl Kile dead

This is horrible news from Major League Baseball. Darryl Kile, a 33-year old pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals was found dead in his hotel room this morning. Their game against the Cubs today was postponed and tommorrow's probably will be as well...
  5. R

Windows XP upgrade fu*0red my computer

I still don't know why! It finally came on Friday, and I ran the upgrade, uninstalled any problem software and hardware drivers. Everything was running smooth until the next morning, when I got a "STOP Error" on every boot. Two times I tried deleting the primary DOS partition and...
  6. R

Cox@home's abuse department

In case any of you might be interested, I have made a bit of a website out of my recent run-in with the @Home abuse department. Basically I came accross an unsolicited usenet post (aka "spam") that was from a notorious scam artist who peddles pirated software. The guy goes by the name of...
  7. R

Oh the irony...

I can't hardly believe I just got this in my e-mail... "From: "john" <jsmith11@ukonline.co.uk> To: <pgaule@home.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 7:20 PM Subject: Spam Solution > Did you request this e-mail? > > Do you know who it is from? > > If the answer is no, then you need...
  8. R

I love AudioGalaxy Satelite!

I've had this program on my hard drive for a long time, but I never used it because I thought nothing could beat napster. Well now that Napster has gone to hell, and WinMX and audiognome don't seem to work anymore (the open nap servers on musiccity.com seem to have stopped functioning, as...
  9. R

So what have you guys done with your Registerfree.com domains?

LOL, it's been a little over a year since Registerfree.com gave away all those free domains. I didn't get mine when they originally offered them during that 1 hour period, but I e-mailed them, and they had a form setup that let me register a free domain name for up to 2 weeks later...
  10. R

Transfer to gkg.net

I want to transfer my domain (huskerzone.com, registered at registerfree.com last year) to gkg.net. However, I would like to do this by money order instead of credit card. gkg.net appears to accept money orders, but the only payment method on the transfer form (located at...
  11. R

Yay, someone finally sent me a virus!

I just checked my e-mail and found this.. "Today, Snowhite was turning 18. The 7 Dwarfs always where very educated and polite with Snowhite. When they go out work at mornign, they promissed a *huge* surprise. Snowhite was anxious. Suddlently, the door open, and the Seven Dwarfs enter..."...
  12. R

Anybody see that friends episode a few weeks ago?

Did anybody see that episode of friends like 2 weeks ago where Joey was gonna marry Chandler and Monica by getting ordained as a priest online? heh just thought it was kind of funny to hear that after having that same exact topic pop up in here not too long ago
  13. R

Napster goes down

Looks like Napster is going to impliment filtering software to block searches for certain music. http://home-news.excite.com/news/ap/010302/20/napster-alternatives Oh well, took me all of 15 seconds to download and install napigator. Beyond that, I will be hard-pressed to buy any more...
  14. R

Dale Earndhart Sr. Dead

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/motorsports/2001/daytona500/news/2001/02/18/earnhardt_ap/ I don't know if any of you are NASCAR fans (I'm not really one, although I did watch this race), but racing legend Dale Earndhart died on the last lap of the Daytona 500 today. I can't believe he died...
  15. R

Geesh, I wish people would stop freaking about Napster

I keep seeing news reports with all these people crying about Napster. I wish they would learn a little bit more about mp3s and realize how easily available they are. It was easy for me to get ahold of mp3's long before Napster (a little thing called irc), and it's even easier now since there...
  16. R

Is there anyway to fix the start button menu to show *all* programs?

Whenever I click on start>programs, I only get a partial list of programs. The programs listed are only the programs that have been used most recently. Obviously, I can view all of them by just clicking on the two arrows at the bottom of the program menu, but is there any way to set it so...
  17. R

Symantec apparently invented "software updates"

This is absolutely absurd. http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-201-4748775-0.html?tag=nbs Apparently, Symantec (who makes Norton AntiVirus) owns patents for it's virus-defintion updates program, and is informing all their competitors of this. This is ridiculous. Norton hardly was the first...
  18. R

Device Manager Problems

Well, I don't know if this is a problem, but it seems really weird to me. When I go into my device manager in Windows Millenium, the only thing that is listed is "Computer". There is nothing under it (no collapsable plusses, or minusses with all the hardware installed.) It's set on "view...
  19. R

What bitrate is music on CD's

All of the mp3s I download have a 192 kb/s bitrate. When I burn these to CD's, what bitrade are they recorded at? I only ask because some of my mp3's sound a little bit better in mp3 format then when I play them from the CD. I'm using Apaptec Easy-CD creator to burn them, which seems to be...
  20. R

Networking two computers to a cable modem?

The local cable company that is in charge of cable connections here has a great deal going. They will give you the cable modem and installation for 175 bucks(normally like 300 bucks total for both of them), and its' only 29.95 a month. Anyway, my problem is that I have two computers that I...
Back