• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. J

Review my site please. DHTML.

hi. thanks for replying. the text isn't that small. i'm using 1600x1200 and i am able to read it. i just changed my screen to 800x600 and the text is twice as big. how large is your monitor? i have a 19" monitor.
  2. J

Review my site please. DHTML.

Hi Everyone. I just made a new site for myself. It's just a small site but I'm particularly happy about it because I coded everything on it by hand. No use of frontpage/dreamweaver or whatever makes web pages for you. I also coded all the javascript used on it. The site is primarily DHTML and...
  3. J

Sad or Funny? OR BOTH? You decide....

http://jsu07.infimax.com/files/html/michelle/ haha http://www.newgrounds.com/frames.php?location=/portal/view.php?id=23272
  4. J

review java game.. thanks

i commented almost every line of code :) it's ok though.. i kind of amazed myself with highway.. before that i made pacman and space invaders.. which were unbelievably slow and "flickery".. highway isn't too advanced.. but it shows myself how i have improved since the beginning of the school...
  5. J

i've changed all the links to http://www.jsu07.com/highway/ uhh.. its not done.. but i don't think i'll be working much on it anymore.. my teacher REJECTED my game on monday :P.. i think she thought i copied somebody's game. so she told me to make a simpler game...
  6. J

oh.. no i don't multithread in this game.. every car has its own speed.. and each frame they move that speed (which is basically how many pixels Left or Right they move).. I haven't tried multithreading it so that each car has its own thread. The computers that we have at school are old UNIX...
  7. J

yes.. i use a thread that loops over and over except when there is a game over or a pause.. also.. i double buffer each frame. .(draw to image.. then output image)
  8. J

maybe when i finish adding more features to it.. i have a version that saves high scores now.. http://www.jsu07.com/highway/ [edited 05/27] in this version i plan on making the cars gif images and having a loading thing in the beginning of the applet to load images and the high score...
  9. J

trucks = big rigs ace0.. what do you mean by sharing it? the source?
  10. J

Well.. right now I'm adding in trucks.. basically the same as cars except longer. I'll turn in the game this thursday and at this time I'll figure out how to setup a high score server and record high scores.. I'll probably also use gif images for the cars after I turn it in. I'm not...
  11. J

the highscore is hardcoded right now.. it shouldn't be too hard to beat it.. the level gets harder and harder towards the end..
  12. J

Hi.. I'm taking JAVA as one of my high school electives and we recently had a project where we need to make a fun, original game. I decided to make a game where you drive a car on a highway and weave in and out of cars. I thought it would be fun and got the idea from a calculator game I have...
  13. J

omg what a nerd

oo.. i remember cross country usa now. and qwerty and number chompers.. all on apple IIgs.. they need to make those games for windows.. i wouldn't play them.. but i'm sure little kids would..
  14. J

Problem

umm.. i used to have windows nt4 connected to the internet while 2 windows 98 se computers shared the internet with me.. i used microsoft proxy server.. i installed the server on the nt4 and the proxy clients on the other computers.. web browsing worked but i had to set the proxy on the...
  15. J

A formatting we shall go...!

i reformatted twice in the last week.. umm.. the first time was because i downloaded this program that was suppose to be a joke and while it was running it suddenly said.. Your harddrive is being deleted and it just started scrolling a bunch of filenames.. i thought it was one of those fake...
  16. J

A formatting we shall go...!

that would take forever.. i remember i used gator and it was too annoying.. this annoying gator would popup and give me some advertisement about exactly what the site i was at was about.. like: if i was at amazon.. it would give me a buy.com ad.. if i was at a free webhost it would give me a...
  17. J

omg what a nerd

the textbooks on the computer aren't really textbooks though.. they are supposedly like games that make you learn whatever subject its about.. sort of like going out and buying math blaster and if you solve all the problems in a certain amount of time.. the world blows up or something.. :)...
  18. J

Need New Connection..

there is always isdn.. (i think everyone forgot about that) it is $20 in my area.. 128k.. about 16kbytes/sec and if you are lucky 20kbytes/sec downloads
  19. J

SMS gateway

simplewire.net allows development under their gateway.. they have kits for you to use with perl and java.. i've used their services for a little program i made that sends me my emails to my phone.. it wasn't very conveinent because messages more than 200 characters were put on multiple sms'..
  20. J

omg what a nerd

at my school we have a laptop course.. its basically calculus without a fatty textbook.. the textbook is an interactive program installed on your laptop.. of course we have the regular calculus also.. this class is sort of a trial kind of thing.. because next year my school is starting to...
Back