• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. M

is there such a thing as free ssl?

A self signed cert doesn't have to be weak, you can create it as strong as you want. The value of a paid certificate is trust, most browsers will have the main SSL providers root certificate installed by default resulting in acceptance of the paid browsers and a certificate prompt for a...
  2. M

SHared vs Reseller Prices : debatable?

A decent reseller account will not be oversold, so you'll get 100% of the resource you buy. In the quoted example, I suspect you'd have your shared hosting account closed quite quickly if you tried to use it all.
  3. M

pocketputty on smartphone

Not got round to pocket putty yet, did try zatelnet, but didn't get it to work yet.
  4. M

which paid web hosting company has the best control panel?

You need to define what you see as the best control panel, then someone will be able to point you in the direction of a host :) Personally I prefer DotNetPanel on a Windows box, but we also offer cPanel and also run other customer boxes with no control panel at all. Also, why the concern...
  5. M

Looking for cheap hosting (asp+access)

If you're interested in using DotNetPanel and hosting in the UK, we can offer you 500Mb Disk Space 5Gb Monthly Data Transfer ASP and ASP.Net available Access Database MySQL (Optional) for £5+vat/month This is a custom quote, so we don't have a direct ordering URL, contact me and I'll add you...
  6. M

Questions on Joomla

You have as many text input boxes as you define. Joomla config is completely up to the admin. Why build something for the default when the whole idea with something like Joomla is to customise it?
  7. M

Should there be a limit on free requests?

People still go with hosts with low post counts now, why would they stop going with new hosts under the suggested system? Many start-up hosts fail by offering far too much and they can't pay their bills. I don't see this changing too much.
  8. M

Should there be a limit on free requests?

Why not have a "class" of host with a visible label Premium - Legally registered company, in business over X years, been on FWS over X years Standard - in business > 6 months Starter - in business > 3 months Newbie - in business > no FWS history Unlassified - No company registration This way...
  9. M

Need a Free Reseller Account, No Posts

What about advert funded?
  10. M

Ridiculous FREE requests

Part of the problem is also the ridiculous offers many of the paid hosts make. If people see Gb's of space being offered for a few $/month, then why not expect similiar offerings on the free hosts, after all, the free hosts used to offer similiar specs to the paid hosts a few years ago, why not...
  11. M

Offshore Reseller Hosting Needed

Define offshore, different country to you, or offshore as in international waters and therefore exempt from legal issues?
  12. M

my realistic needs

Site looks dated :) Well, yes, I'd agree with you on that front, it's on the drawing board, but most of my custom comes word of mouth and we've had a log of consultancy jobs recently, so the web redesign keeps getting pushed down the to-do list. I did subcontract a new design on one occasion but...
  13. M

my realistic needs

You mention ASP.Net, how's about the best of both worlds? We could do a custom plan on a UK Windows server using the DotNetPanel control panel. This would give you PHP5 and ASP.Net 2 available to you along with MySQL 5 Reseller pricing starts at £5+vat per Gb disk space and 10Gb bandwidth...
  14. M

hosting for asp.net and php

A host can't trash another host's offer, but... have a think about the costs of running a server and a company to support the server (how much would you work for?). If you look through the dedicated requests that will give you an idea of the hardware costs. Do the maths as part of your selection...
  15. M

hosting for asp.net and php

My previous post was deleted as it didn't state it was a custom offering. 500 Mb Disk Space 10 Gb Monthly Data Transfer Hosted on a UK based Windows server MySQL 5 PHP 5 ASP.Net 1.1 and 2.0 Cost Monthly = £6.95 +vat Year = £64.95 +vat This is custom offering, please visit...
  16. M

Need server that runs ASP .NET script

I woudl have thought that your college would provide you with some space for this :)
  17. M

How to register a hosting company?

Decide which country you want to be registered in, then find a company registration agent for that country. In the UK you can get registered as a business quite cheaply & simply, I guess other countries have similiar agents to do this for you. Remember that a properly registered company has...
  18. M

Hosting That Supports ASP.NET

ASP.Net is far from dead, if it was, then the guys on the Mono project would not have bothered :) Free ASP.Net is unlikely, we can do a cheap ASP.Net on a UK Windows 2003 server if that's any use (prices start from £2.95+vat/month)
  19. M

Need a reseller Outside of the USA!

Assuming you're outside the EU and therefore not subject to VAT, for $10/month we could offer 1Gb disk / 50Gb transfer on a choice of either cPanel/WHM on a Linux box or DotNetPanel on Windows 2003. Both options would be hosted on UK servers.
  20. M

Free ASP.net 1.1 and 2.0 Hosting ?

ASP may no longer be the 1st choice for Windows scripting as many are now hosting VB or C# pages on ASP.Net, however, ASP will still be in place for quite some time as it does the job and many companies will not pay just to re-write a site to newer technology. ASP may not get any major...
Back