• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. conkermaniac

Looking for Cheap, Reliable Host

Hey guys, I'm looking for a webhost of good repute that has been in business for at least 5 years. Please include the obvious big name hosts as well--I've been away from the webhosting world long enough to have forgotten everything I once knew. I'm looking for a package that offers: at...
  2. conkermaniac

Help!

I can no longer access freewebspace.net without a proxy. I have run a traceroute, and it seems that the connection is being blocked by the gov't. Peo, do you have multiple IP addresses for FWS? Would it be possible to switch to a different IP to avoid the firewall? I don't see any harm in FWS...
  3. conkermaniac

Freaky Webpage Problem

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but I live in China. I can access most HTTPS websites just fine. But there is this one website that never seemed to work on IE. I would get a 404 error every time I tried to access it. One day, I decided to access the same site through Firefox. It...
  4. conkermaniac

How to Configure Nameservers?

I have a friend who uses PowWeb and registered a domain through NameCheap. In his PowWeb account, the nameservers were listed as ns2.powweb.com and ns3.powweb.com. But when he typed it into his NameCheap account, the server returned this error: Having not had much experience with domains in...
  5. conkermaniac

Ridiculous Hypocrite

Is it just me, or does it seem to me like no one can spell those two words? It's "ridiculous", not "rediculous". And it's "hypocrite", not "hypocrate". Oh, and my favorite: "hippocrates". Hippocrates was a Greek doctor, for Pete's sake! :shame:
  6. conkermaniac

How private is messaging and e-mail?

According to the privacy policy of most companies, they don't read your e-mails nor your instant messages. So I wondered, if someone was writing e-mails that threatened the security of the United States (i.e. bomb threats), how would the government track them down? What about a private...
  7. conkermaniac

Permanent Moon Settlement???

Yep, apparently Bush wants to see America establish a permanent settlement on the moon. While this is an interesting idea, settling on the moon isn't really a viable option at the moment, as supplies from the earth will have to be sent there frequently. Furthermore, space travel is no trivial...
  8. conkermaniac

Where are downloaded Internet files stored?

I downloaded a file, and it got saved to my Temporary Internet Files folder. I can't find this folder, though. I'm using Windows XP...can anyone help? I saw one in C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files, but that one doesn't seem to have anything in it.
  9. conkermaniac

I'm going through this stage too...

I find myself looking at the actual Free Webspace forum less and less. I had figured that it would never have happened to me, as I had remained relatively active in that forum for over 1.5 years, but I guess no one is immune to this "veteran disease". :confused2
  10. conkermaniac

Theological Engineering Exam

THEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING EXAM 5 Questions, 60 Minutes. You may use a calculator, the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, and the Book of Mormon. The speed of light is c. Show all work. For all problems, assume a perfectly spherical Jesus of constant density D. No praying during the exam. 1. (20...
  11. conkermaniac

Gay Rights in the United States

I am an avid advocate of gay rights, and I am shocked that the United States, supposedly the defender of freedom, continues to deny gays the basic right to marriage and adoption. Personally, I believe in a "live and let live" approach. I do not find the idea of dating men attractive at all...in...
  12. conkermaniac

Blocking Pop-Up Killers

Some websites deny access to users who have a pop-up killer turned on. How exactly do these websites do this? Is there any way to circumvent this technique?
  13. conkermaniac

What do you call these ads?

I've seen an increase of "floating" advertisements on webpages, and I must say that they are by far the most annoying yet. On ESPN, for example, I sometimes see this car moving across the screen while I'm trying to read the box scores. They usually come complete with sound effects. I must say...
  14. conkermaniac

Is the earth flat?

This is a serious question. I'm especially interested in hearing what the Christians think. ;)
  15. conkermaniac

The Blue Jays

How was there a 40-minute rain delay in the game between the White Sox and the Jays when the stadium had a retractable dome? Does anyone else find that silly? :confused2
  16. conkermaniac

The Bible

This question is directed at Christians and Jews in particular, although people of other religious denominations (including atheism) are welcome to respond. What is your opinion of the Bible? It seems to me like a farce. There are just so many contradictions that it's not even funny. Most of...
  17. conkermaniac

To the darn conservatives on this forum...

So where are these "weapons of mass destruction"? Why do senior British officials no longer believe that these WMD will ever be found? And why has the Bush administration retracted so many of their previous claims? Only one explanation...there are no WMD. :D And Hussein's human rights record...
  18. conkermaniac

To the unnamed person on this forum...

Happy birthday, notnamed! :) Hey, this is the first birthday thread I've ever started, LOL. :D
  19. conkermaniac

Why doesn't anyone create an easier language?

Yeah, yeah, I know that PHP is really easy already, but certainly people could go one step further and make web programming even easier! :confused:
  20. conkermaniac

Creating an Online Game

Hi everyone, I was thinking of designing a very simple game, where four people can play at once over the Internet. Unfortunately, I do not have my own server (nor do I know anything about server management), and all I have is virtual shared hosting. How can I make the game so that it is...
Back