• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

30 gigs per month

rapready

I'm looking a provider that can host my message board for under
under $40 per month. The site runs 30 gigs.

www.phenominet.com

30GB/month guaranteed
Free domain name with one year signup!
200 MB of web space
Free web site design wizard
Free subdomain names (yourname.phenominet.com)
20 POP3/IMAP EMail accounts (accessible via WWW)
FTP Access
Unlimited EMail forwarding
Access to our CGI Libraries
Unlimited graphical counters
Real Audio Server support
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support (This lets you do e-commerce safely)
Frontpage 2000 support
Server Side Includes support
PHP/FI 3.0/4.0 server side scripting support
PostgreSQL and MySQL Support
Many other Business Solutions available, including network support and PC installation.
Daily backup guaranteed
Redundant power grid & connection
Free graphical usage statistics

19.95/month $120/yr (free domain name if you signup for a year.

Originally posted by rapready
I'm looking a provider that can host my message board for under
under $40 per month. The site runs 30 gigs.

With only $40/month you can only go with a raq host. But the point is raq cannot handle heavy duty database.

Message Boards will consume a lot of server resources. Most host don't allowed heavy duty message board. Because this will slow down other web sites performanace. You might need a share dedicated hosting plan and that will cost you at least $3/Gig of bandwidth usage.

:)

Wait, on the hosting site you mentioned....

How is monthly cost like 2x yearly cost?

you mean phenominet?

There is a 5% credit surcharge monthly, and i think it has to do with the way they purchase bandwidth

I've found a lot of 30 gigs month sites that were under $40. The problem with ones like Tera-byte is that they're too slow - 400 MHz.

The web hosts that have the speed will charge as much as $500 per month for just 10 Gigs.

I know I can wait a year and the average rate for 50 gigs will be $30, but I need 30 gigs now. Yahoo will give your 20 for 19.95

We needs to have a Walmart of web hosting to come along.

... :rolleyes:

I meant programming language. Perl? PHP? ASP? What features do you need from your host?

Originally posted by rapready
I've found a lot of 30 gigs month sites that were under $40. The problem with ones like Tera-byte is that they're too slow - 400 MHz.

Thi is because they are using raq3 / raq4 for hosting and the processor for raq is 400Mhz.

The web hosts that have the speed will charge as much as $500 per month for just 10 Gigs.

Nope. For $500/month you can get Dual PentiumIII 1Ghz + 2Gig Rams + 150GB bandwidth/month.

I know I can wait a year and the average rate for 50 gigs will be $30, but I need 30 gigs now. Yahoo will give your 20 for 19.95
Yahoo is with raq also.

We needs to have a Walmart of web hosting to come along.

Back