• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A little rant and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamJ

When's 1999?
NLC
I know this will get me a boat load of -rep, and to be honest I am alowed this freedom of speach, so here goes.

1. The Rant...
- I am basically complaining about the member developerholic and would like to ask why on earth this user is allowed to post every single theme the user's designed into his/her advertisement in the Adverts forum. In my eyes the user seems to be an RSS bot, surely it could be stopped or someone could tell him/her about this constant posting? Are we turning into DP?! :(

2. The Question...
- This is regarding my rep levels, but I am finding it quite annoying how I'm being targetted for my opinions on Windows, and the fact I'm a Mac user and love to have a laugh saying Windows are rubbish etc, surely the offending -rep can be removed? Because it's VERY annoying having stupid members attacking me just because I have the money to buy a Mac and enjoy it.

Peace.

2. The Question...
- This is regarding my rep levels, but I am finding it quite annoying how I'm being targetted for my opinions on Windows, and the fact I'm a Mac user and love to have a laugh saying Windows are rubbish etc, surely the offending -rep can be removed? Because it's VERY annoying having stupid members attacking me just because I have the money to buy a Mac and enjoy it.

Is this not the whole point of reputation? If you bash something people use, you are going to lose respect (or in this case, reputation).

You love bashing Windows, but thats why you get the -rep. Meaning, the reputation feature is working exactly as designed, it's to punish people like you :p

I've closed that thread now. Thanks for letting us know.

As for -rep: We don't really remove any -rep unless it's for instance an abusive comment. You have a good reputation here from what I can see, so nothing to worry about.

Because it's VERY annoying having stupid members attacking me just because I have the money to buy a Mac and enjoy it.

That's why you get bad rep.
/e: just to clarify: Not because people are jealous, just because you're using the fact you own a real Mac as a status symbol of meaning you have money to burn.

Last edited:
We can't catch every single thing, so if you see something like that guy in the future... please report the post. I and all the other staff receive the report in our email inbox.

As for -rep, you just have to deal with it. It wouldn't be very democratic if we said you can give +rep for everything, but you can only give -rep for certain things.

It's not like this rep goes on with you in life and affects real life situations.

iAdam said:
and the fact I'm a Mac user and love to have a laugh saying Windows are rubbish etc, surely the offending -rep can be removed? Because it's VERY annoying having stupid members attacking me just because I have the money to buy a Mac and enjoy it.

That's just like starting a Water gun fight and crying when you get hit with water. If you don't like getting hit with water, don't start shooting. It's as simple as that.

I know this will get me a boat load of -rep, and to be honest I am alowed this freedom of speach, so here goes.

2. The Question...

Peace.

Yer, im with Dynash, i think the rep- are probably more for your attitude rather than the fact you like ya macs.
You seem to have the attitude that your better than a PC owner because you own a Mac, wich is certian to get under many people skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back