• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

a way to change .shtml to php?

Johnny

b&
b&
all my files are currently on shtml is there a way to change it to .php and the ssi command inside too? cause its using to much resources

so you want to change server side includes to php includes?

use: <?php include("file.ext"); ?> to replace all your <!--#include virtual="file.ext" -->

Well, I don't know much about webservers, but it's possible the SSI could be set up poorly and PHP might take less load on the server. But, it could be the other way around. Or both SSI and PHP includes, because it's the same thing, will take about the same load on the server, making it pointless.

yes i want to change
<!--#include virtual="file.ext" -->
to
<?php include("file.ext"); ?>

I heard from 2 people. 1 said he use ssi had only 60,000 unquie and still crash the server.. and the other was force to not use ssi cause they were using to much cpu resources.
I ask my admin, they say that ssi do use alot more cpu resources than php.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Johnny
yes i want to change
<!--#include virtual="file.ext" -->
to
<?php include("file.ext"); ?>

I heard from 2 people. 1 said he use ssi had only 60,000 unquie and still crash the server.. and the other was force to not use ssi cause they were using to much cpu resources.
I ask my admin, they say that ssi do use alot more cpu resources than php.

I highly doubt this. The person with only 60,000 unique hits with SSI until the server crashed obviously has some sort of misconfiguration.

Back