• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

AccountLab Plus, is it free now?

build-a-host

321Hosted.com
NLC
I noticed that AccountLab Plus is in Fantastico, and it isn't asking for a license? One of my clients installed it and was able to use it without purchasing anything. Is it free now?

Ah ok, thats great. I know a few people that really liked it. I assume though that this means it's a dead project, and there will most likely be no updates or new mods created for it?

From what I've heard, it's now open source, which might actually mean more updates and mods.

I'm currently using it... I like it more than THT, it has a more professional feel.

Its not licensed under open-source. This gives the software more developers and should have more updates now. It is fully free if you when you purchase fantastico.

@DavidsAwesome, of course it will be better than THT, it was previously a paid program and developed by professionals. Its on par with iPanel, if not, better than it.

I liked it back when I had it. I'm trying to develop a p2h module for WHMCS now. :) I'm getting back into the developer world.

This is an interesting turn of events. I also used AL years ago and liked it well enough. Might be venturing back in that direction now - can't believe I missed it's now OS, but glad I wasn't the only one!

I agree, I don't know when they changed it, or how I missed it but I'm glad they did! I'm changing from FreeHostManager to ALP now on my free hosting website.

It doesn't look like there have been any changes since 2009... I'm just going by the modification date of the files on sourceforge. The good thing is that it seems to be supported by netenberg, who also develop Fantastico.

ok, since everyone still love ALP, shall we help develop it and make it better?
better still, join the eriscart project and help contribute codes
lol

I can help with SEO and graphics. Since it's open source, we can take it and develope a "Hosts 4 Hosts" version maybe. Add a few things, change a few things, whatever needs to be done. I see some things in it that I think need to be added, changed.

Wow! I remembered when Accountlab Plus was charged at little fee.. Now opensource billing software, should be good for hosting companies who want to make modify to it.

to be honest, i really hope that those who have php knowledge and had did modification will contribute codes in order to improve it so that it able to catch up with the hosting market nowadays.

there is a lot of new control panel nowadays, adding new features is a must
:)

it has been made free for a long time now.its not that good though,but since its free,you shouldn't be complaining :)

Back