• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ActiveX will not run through my browser

NC_TOM

I can get u banned.
I'm having continued problems with my browser. ActiveX controls will not run off web sites when I run into them. My security settings should allow ActiveX controls to work, however I'm still having problems with them. Can anyone please help me out here and tell me what to do?

Reformat ASAP!!! JK!
Umm what browser are you running is it IE? Try uninstalling your most recent updates if it is. If that doesn't work or if it's not updated go update it.

It's all related to the damage that IERadicator does to your system. I'm currently running IE6 because of some problems that a nasty Java caused in my previous install of IE5. IERadicator removes stuff that isn't even re-installed if you re-install IE. Most importantly, it removes your ActiveX controls and I don't know jack about how ActiveX works so if I can reinstall my ActiveX stuff, everything should work fine. I hate reformatting. I was told to try upgrading to XP which is what I just might do.

Avoid XP like the plague. Use Win2k.

Edit: Wait a minute... you already have Win2k don't you? Well Win2k is less problematic than WinXP and much more stable, so try reinstalling under a clean install. Save everything you got.

I'm currently running Windows 2000 and I love it. The OS is still stable but I'm just having these problems with IE. And NO I do not want to switch to another browser. Regardless of what browser I would use, my ActiveX stuff is still messed up.

Originally posted by NC_TOM
I'm currently running Windows 2000 and I love it. The OS is still stable but I'm just having these problems with IE. And NO I do not want to switch to another browser. Regardless of what browser I would use, my ActiveX stuff is still messed up.

Files must of got corrupted. Why don't you go to Microsoft's homepage and download IE again? If that does not work do a clean install, and save your stuff.

If I do a clean install without saving backups of my 60 gigs worth of crap on my drive, will I lose my data? Or will I have any problems with my programs running correctly if I do a clean install over what's currently running? I've got like 50 programs installed and I'd rather not find them all and reinstall them all over again.

thats what i do, but i have a partition where i keep my non-replacable stuff that i cant find again, or programs i cant find again there, not very hard to find those programs again for me

Back