• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Advertising.com Cheque w00t :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ningaming

Well Advertising.com kicked me off their ad network (as an entertainment site, I wasn't suprised) but I did recieve my 25 dollar cheque from them. I wish I could have worked with them more, but that's the way the dice roll.

lol you so hyped about a $25 check no wonder they kick you, your site is probably very small, are not making enought with them, I make $25 in 1 day on a good day. and you don't see me going all crazy

Originally posted by Johnny
lol you so hyped about a $25 check no wonder they kick you, your site is probably very small, are not making enought with them, I make $25 in 1 day on a good day. and you don't see me going all crazy

How many hits do you receive per month? I'm interested in making some money off of Clangrounds.com gaming site. It doesn't get a ton of hits, but it has currently 454,000+ hits with 12 days left in the month. Would this company be beneficial to me?

Originally posted by Rebel

How many hits do you receive per month? I'm interested in making some money off of Clangrounds.com gaming site. It doesn't get a ton of hits, but it has currently 454,000+ hits with 12 days left in the month. Would this company be beneficial to me?

I think they want unique hits (impressions) unless you get 400,000+ unique hits.
Receive over 250,000 impressions per month

i don't thing advertising.com would even accept you, cause its gaming, maybe focusin.com, but they don't always pay on time.

Advertising.com doesn't accept gaming sites in general(well not clan sites anyways).

first of, before you can make the money. How the hell do you all get sooo many hits! I mean, when i had my site going it only made $2. :(

:confused2

that is my little secrets... but I will share one with you.

You know when you ask larger sites to do link exchange with you. and when they ask them how many hits you get a day, lets say they get 4k unquie day, and usually they will ask you how large is your site traffic, tell them 4k-5k unique a day. that is what i did. and thats how you get more hits.

I appreciate your maturity in this case. From what I have seen from this board (I've been viewing it for close to a year i believe...didn't sign up for a while though) people "let you know" when an ad company gives you a cheque to show their validity. I was simply trying to do my part by sharing Advertising.com is reliable and gave me a cheque.

Now for a little beef on my side. We get about 10,000 page views on our server a day. Whether that's a lot to you is irrelevent. Whether that's large to anyone is irrelevent. When I started making sites 5 years ago, getting 5 visitors a day was excieting. Don't take away my joy of working hard, and do not try to make me feel like a little chld about getting happy. Many people on this board share their experiences and I don't think Anyone has been upset about recieving a cheque. I'm hyped about 25 bucks? You bet I am. Does it cover server costs? Nope. But its nice to recieve some extra food cash. To whoever reads this, who cares how many hits or how much money you get. Don't let people mock you for what you accomplish, no matter if it's a personal website or a buisness website. I wish you good luck, and no hard feelings.

that is my little secrets... but I will share one with you.

You know when you ask larger sites to do link exchange with you. and when they ask them how many hits you get a day, lets say they get 4k unquie day, and usually they will ask you how large is your site traffic, tell them 4k-5k unique a day. that is what i did. and thats how you get more hits.

I'm glad I didn't read this before hand, or else I'd really be upset. Your going to lie to make your site more popular? That's wonderful.

If you want to earn visitors, do some advertising on message boards (not spamming of course) try to join banner exchange programs. Tell your friends. Heck, put signs up in your community! I had a lot of luck with putting up forum software, that brought a good amount of visitors in also....

Originally posted by ningaming

I appreciate your maturity in this case. From what I have seen from this board (I've been viewing it for close to a year i believe...didn't sign up for a while though) people "let you know" when an ad company gives you a cheque to show their validity. I was simply trying to do my part by sharing Advertising.com is reliable and gave me a cheque.

Now for a little beef on my side. We get about 10,000 page views on our server a day. Whether that's a lot to you is irrelevent. Whether that's large to anyone is irrelevent. When I started making sites 5 years ago, getting 5 visitors a day was excieting. Don't take away my joy of working hard, and do not try to make me feel like a little chld about getting happy. Many people on this board share their experiences and I don't think Anyone has been upset about recieving a cheque. I'm hyped about 25 bucks? You bet I am. Does it cover server costs? Nope. But its nice to recieve some extra food cash. To whoever reads this, who cares how many hits or how much money you get. Don't let people mock you for what you accomplish, no matter if it's a personal website or a buisness website. I wish you good luck, and no hard feelings.

wow your speech was so touchy :cry2:

But lets face the facts, did you really create a website to really earn money ? or for the fun of it? may probably would say for the fun of it, but that was probably in the begginning. I only operate my sites to make money, not just cause i have any pride in my work to give me any incentive to continue working on it. The incentive is that i can make money, that is what motivate me.

Originally posted by ningaming

I'm glad I didn't read this before hand, or else I'd really be upset. Your going to lie to make your site more popular? That's wonderful.

If you want to earn visitors, do some advertising on message boards (not spamming of course) try to join banner exchange programs. Tell your friends. Heck, put signs up in your community! I had a lot of luck with putting up forum software, that brought a good amount of visitors in also....

exchange programs are rip offs, you can't get much hits from them. also I wouldn't advertise on message, people might view it as a spam, even its really not.

let's not get into a flame war, this thread is loosing it's purpose, and should be locked :)

But lets face the facts, did you really create a website to really earn money ? or for the fun of it? may probably would say for the fun of it, but that was probably in the begginning. I only operate my sites to make money, not just cause i have any pride in my work to give me any incentive to continue working on it. The incentive is that i can make money, that is what motivate me.

Nin-Gaming has been up for 2 years, and I've always had the modivation for fun and for learning. Getting visitors and getting money was a bonus, not the main motivation. Reguardless of that fact, lying to companies about your how many visitors you get is wrong and in most cases illegal.

exchange programs are rip offs, you can't get much hits from them. also I wouldn't advertise on message, people might view it as a spam, even its really not.
I took the advice of many of the moderators on this board, which gave some "useful" exchange programs, which did in fact help increase our pageviews per day. My message boards allow you to post about your website in your signature, and even this board allows that Johnny. If you play by the rules, you'll get advertising the right way. Or you could lie to other sites about how many hits you get... am I the only one confused here? :confused:

I won't be posting any more replies, I willkeep viewing this thread though. Sorry for the "hot' replies mods, got a bit sidetracked, that is my fault.

Last edited:
If you lie about how many visits you get, they will find out and drop you off the site anyway. So who cares. He'll get caught, and abused when they catch em!

well of course lieing to the advertisers or wrong, its not illegal, I don't see any law saying lieing its illegal. But I don't lie to my advertiser. When you sign for a sponsor, they usually ask you "about" how much unique you get in a month, if you get only 500 and you put 5,000 then your an idiot, I do not lie, I merly exagerrated, when I really get 2,000 unique a day, I told them I around 4,000. They probably know that I exagerrated, but they don't care, cause I know i will get 4,000 soon, since my traffic grew daily. and I did get 4,000 a month later.

And for lie to other webmaster to do a linkexchange is probably unmoral. but its not going to hurt anybody, cause they also lie, when I ask a webmaster to do a link exchange, he ask "how many unique a day?" I replay "4k-5k you?", he replays "cool, I have roughly the same ", so we did the link exchange. No one got hurt, Is not like he lost any traffic, and in matter of fact all of them lied, when they say they get the same, its usually 1k-2k lower than what they say they get.

So this only benifit everyone. :biggrin2:

oh nin-gaming,

I think advertising.com probably terminate your site, because they thought you lied on your application, since you claim you get 10,000 pageviews a day, and you generated very little. I am not saying you lied but that is what they believe. But if you have only 2,000 pageviews a day, and made at least $5 a day, they probably won't terminate you accound. Like my fastclick account, I was only making $3/day when I get only 1k unique, and nothing happened. I got my check. So "fudging" a little about your real traffic is ok. :D

well of course lieing to the advertisers or wrong, its not illegal, I don't see any law saying lieing its illegal. But I don't lie to my advertiser. When you sign for a sponsor, they usually ask you "about" how much unique you get in a month, if you get only 500 and you put 5,000 then your an idiot, I do not lie, I merly exagerrated, when I really get 2,000 unique a day, I told them I around 4,000. They probably know that I exagerrated, but they don't care, cause I know i will get 4,000 soon, since my traffic grew daily. and I did get 4,000 a month later.

When you "exagerrated", you also lied. They mean the same. Saying stuff that is not true. :rolleyes:

well, its your opinion, but my teacher say, you should always "exagerrate" on your resume, not to much that you would be lieing. a popular one on resume ex: "Works well under pressure" I see a few i know put that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back