• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Affiliate Links In Sigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiller

tripcode
NLC
Okay, so affiliate links are not allowed on these forums right, except for in ads and offers?
But what about in signatures? I've noticed many signatures containing misleading, affliate ads and mondered if this is allowed?
Seems to me that it is very misleading having an affiliate link posted as your "homepage" or in your sig. :confused2

No, they're not allowed in sigs either... if you see a member with one just report it to a mod/admin and they'll take care of it.

Originally posted by Bruce
No, they're not allowed in sigs either... if you see a member with one just report it to a mod/admin and they'll take care of it.
Alright. It gets rather annoying when you click on a URL in someone's sig only to find out its just an affiliate link to a popuplar service you have already seen. :angry2:

It is against the rules of the forum and also against the TOS of affiliate programs.

Send a PM to Peo or Todd if you see one, or send a trouble report.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
What's wrong with that?
Okay so let's say I've seen say a link in someone's sig saying "New Quality Paid Hosting Service" (just an example), so I click on it, only to be brought to a DotEasy affiliate page. Not cool.

Originally posted by Miller
Okay so let's say I've seen say a link in someone's sig saying "New Quality Paid Hosting Service" (just an example), so I click on it, only to be brought to a DotEasy affiliate page. Not cool.
Ok I get the point now. No wonder it gets banned, it's irritating no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back