• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Agree with me here...

OtakuHero

Just wanted to share my hatred for FRAMES and that no one at all should use them, heck wipe it from your memory, they rarely do good ^_^;

Yepp. A splendid example on how everything with HTML get abused if it's possible. The worst is personal and/or unprofessional sites where the webmaster isn't smart enough to fix appropriate navigation. The horrors of hitting back button, back button, back button... gaaaah! Probably they have disabled the scroll bars too, and never checked if the site works in low resolution. And when you get to page15.html from a search engine and they haven't provided a link back to the fameset...

There are occasions when they work though. Maybe a penalty for using them when they don't add something

yeah, frames suck

but....

there are times when they do work really well and if you work with their limitations you can do magic things. :cool:

most people just go frames they're cool put some in and end up with a really crappy site that no-one can use :mad: :mad: :mad:

That reminds me, I need to put some JavaScript on my pages to automatically put it back in a frameset. Yeah, I like frames...

Boo boo Psiphon! ;)

But feel free to post the script. I know someone who is in great need.

i thought the title of the thread was agree with me, well looks like someone doesn't listen.

Thanks! Not that I get what dear Liam means with: "These frameset documents should be generated automatically"...but that's for my frame crazy friend to find out. :)

Originally posted by meow
ThanksThese frameset documents should be generated automatically

else you have to write a framset for each combination of frames just do a php script to write them on the fly :) I know you just love php ;)

Originally posted by lucifer

else you have to write a framset for each combination of frames just do a php script to write them on the fly :) I know you just love php ;)

yes i know i do

I get there must be a script, silly! :p
Liam et al mostly explain or point people in the right direction.

Did you get to .ru btw? :confused:

Originally posted by meow
I get there must be a script, silly! :p
that's not how to learn things

plus custom scripts rule
Did you get to .ru btw? :confused:
I've had my user registration accepted (at last) now waiting manual checking. then go for the domain. I'm trying to sort a secondry nameserver in another IP block hopefully my technical man will do it for me I email him this evening.

I live in hope

Back