• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another USA School Shooting

bozley05

NLC
NLC
RED LAKE, Minn. (AP) -- A gunman opened fire at a Minnesota high school Monday, killing eight people, with the suspect believed among those dead, authorities said.

The FBI said eight people died in the mid-afternoon shooting at Red Lake High School in far northern Minnesota.

When will they learn, guns are bad.

if guns kill people..
pencils spell incorrectly
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made kirtsy alley fat

god bless you bash.org

I blame the person their board of education who didn't give them that week off like most schools do for Spring Break.

I blame the stereotypical parent that can't develop a child's sense of right and wrong at an early age.

I blame people that somehow think a parent is responsible for the every single action their offspring perform.

Is every single failure of mine a result of my parents?

These are high school kids... they know what they're doing and they should have known long ago that killing is wrong... In a lot of other countries people their age are considered adults and dealt with accordingly

Blank Verse said:
my notebook will explain! </crackly whine>
seriously. angry kids draw pictures of how they'll kill their classmates, not themselves. i don't get that video at all.

jmiller said:
seriously. angry kids draw pictures of how they'll kill their classmates, not themselves. i don't get that video at all.

i've done that before.. not that i've ever gone and killed ne of my classmates... yet...

It's disappointing that this thread has already gone ridiculously off topic, when it is such a serious subject.

Toefur, I agree with you. Parents aren't always responsible for everything. Obviously the blame lies with them some of the time, but just as often, it does not.

Kids these days are just way too selfish, always thinking about themselves.. i would have though 9/11, Bali, the Tsunami and so on, would of atleast had one positive outcome, opening up the the eyes of people who only think of themselves, let them realise the world is much bigger than one individual.

Like when you see people getting depressed over losing a girlfriend or boyfriend, or getting a bad mark at school that really shits me. In the whole grand scheme of things, it means nothing. Bring back the cane in schools, and the right for parents to smack kids I say, kids need to learn respect again. And respecting elders too.

The problem is both the parents and the kids.

How you raise your kids WILL have an impact on how the behave in the future. We can't deny that.
Let's take two extremes, a crackwh0re's kid and a pastor's kid for example. Raised differently they will behave differently when they grow up.

If you can't raise your kid with at least a minimum set of values, proper behaviour and respect, you failed.

Now for the kids part,
Nowadays they have everything they wine for. Say a 4yr old is in a store with his mommy and starts to cry and wine about some shit toy he wants. Mommy tells him to be quite, to stop crying, that she wont buy it, but it dosnt work. The kid is getting louder and louder and people start looking at the women with her kid. Not to be embarassed anymore, she gives in and gets the damn toy to make him shut up.

And that's the recipe for spoiled self-centered brats of the 21st century.

Giving a spanking, telling the kid to shut the fuck up and dragging him out fo the store is a big no-no. Hell, some want spanking to be outlawed. Where's the world going?

It's ironic how i said "Now for the kids part" and talked about the mother.
But everything starts fromt he parents.

Sure, you said toefur, you dont blame your parents for your mistakes, but thats because you'v long ago crossed the maturity line.
When does maturity hit nowadays? For most a hell lot later then in the old days that's for sure. Look at all those sissies and pussies. They can't just commit tradditionnal suicide if they want, they have to take 10 more people with them. And that's what we call an "Attention Wh0re".

In my oppinion we'd need WW3 to build a solid character in all those low-lifes. Send them to war, without their marilon manson cd, but a good fucking book. What percentage of kids read books on their own today, not school imposed stuff. 0.0001%? Technology is great, but we'r starting to drown in it, becomming softer and wimpier everyday as a society.

And as I say, Society Sucks.

Blank Verse said:
I blame the ----ing kids...come on guys, some time people just have to be held accountable for their actions.

QFT

fillerfillerfiller

Well, I guess it all depends on nature vs. nurture. Are people the way they are because that is just who they are (is that just their nature?) or are the way they are because of the way they have been brought up, etc? And there just isn't a definitive answer to that theory, really.

I think the closest is this: if you are a decent person by nature, but are dealt a shit hand, get abused constantly, have a terrible upbringing, etc, etc, perhaps that will influence you to become negative, bitter and change your decent nature to that of an indecent nature? And vice versa - if you are not the nicest person, but you are constantly shown niceness, decency, etc, throughout your childhood, will you then be influenced to become a nicer person?

Of course, theology can also come into it, if you want to get heavily into the debate.

Back