• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any PHP editing program out there?

cbp

I am using Microsoft Windows :( , and I am looking for a program that gives you the ability to create php webpages using a graphical interface (not only notepad style) and with live preview just like Fronpage does it for html webpages.

Does anyone know of such a program?

PS: are there any step-by-step tutorials on how to install PHP (from php.net) on windows? (I can't install it using their documentation)

as far as PHP instllation on windows is concerned there is a very good guide here check it
http://www.umesd.k12.or.us/php/win32install.html

your second question is there any PHP editor???
Yes there are some ditors but none of them will allow you to direct preview like frontpage ...

have you ever found an editor of Perl,ASP.NET etc... which provides you a live preview...:) :) :) :)

Thanks for the link, I'll look at it asap.

I searched a lot on the internet and I finally found a program that does that. It doesn't work at the moment because I have to install PHP on my computer. The program is called Visual PHP Studio B188. Sadly this seems to be a rather old version.

Learn the language, not find another way. You will never be able to use PHP that way, using a WYSIWYG editor, if I'm not mistaken.

scripting in visual style??? php is only preprocessor. layout is set by using markup language (eg. : html, wml,etc). what to do is learning html or other markup languages and then making dynamic contents by using scripting language like php.

Yup, I need to start learning php (the hard way). First thing in the morning I'm going to the library to get some books on php. Hope I get some books in english, since most books are in french. :confused2

Back