• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any reviews of Glacier Host?

ET3D

Glacier Host is advertising here, and I tried to search for reviews but couldn't find any, which to me is a warning sign. Anyone has any experience with them or can link to reviews? Thanks.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that a warning sign. Generally, the only time people give a review is when something negative happens with their host, or there is a problem. Most people in the real world, running real world businesses, for example, don't go out and write huge, raving, detailed reviews about their hosts, unless they're asked to do so, paid to do so, given extra services to do so, etc. Most clients don't even know about sites like this.

We have been in business for 16 years, for example, with thousands of clients over that time period, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a good review out there. You'll also be hard-pressed to find a bad review.

Since you're looking for a free host, it never hurts to give them a try and see what happens. If you aren't satisfied in the first few weeks, it's really easy to move elsewhere.

I do agree with wswd.
Most people do not even bother to post just a "I recommend this host" although they get a free hosting account.
When any small issues occur, then only they will bother to post something negative about the host.
Therefore, it is best to ask around regarding a host in forums and see if there is any active members in a forum who are using the host's service and see what is their response.

We just re-opened our free hosting side, so probably not many reviews. We have been hosting since March of 2010. Other than that, Glacier Host is owned and operated by Cross Industries, LLC, a registered company in the state of South Carolina (USA).

We do not offer the regular cPanel for free users. That node has already been filled. zPanel is what we currently use, a still easy-to-use control panel in which we offer 100% support for via our support department in case you need any help with your account or hosting. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hopefully someone may have a review for you. But, if you do need cPanel for a production site, let me know. I may be able to work something out for you.

Thanks, Sean. I decided to just sign up with a subdomain to check the service. I only want this for a personal site/blog/playing with CMS's, so I will probably be happy enough with zPanel.

One comment, though: I think that the site design could be improved. Going to http://www.glacierhosting.com/ brings up a page that says only "Welcome to Glacier Host!". Why not show the home page up front? I initially thought the site may be down or something. There are also no details of hosting packages, which hosting sites typically dedicate their home page to. I eventually clicked on the order form, and got some minimal details, and also found the free service. Knowledgebase, where I thought I might find some more info about the hosting packages, is pretty empty.

After I registered I got a message (took me a bit of time to see it) how to login to zPanel and telling me that my username and password are in my profile. Couldn't find them so sent a message back.

In short, not the most streamlined process.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sean. I decided to just sign up with a subdomain to check the service. I only want this for a personal site/blog/playing with CMS's, so I will probably be happy enough with zPanel.

One comment, though: I think that the site design could be improved. Going to http://www.glacierhosting.com/ brings up a page that says only "Welcome to Glacier Host!". Why not show the home page up front? I initially thought the site may be down or something. There are also no details of hosting packages, which hosting sites typically dedicate their home page to. I eventually clicked on the order form, and got some minimal details, and also found the free service. Knowledgebase, where I thought I might find some more info about the hosting packages, is pretty empty.

After I registered I got a message (took me a bit of time to see it) how to login to zPanel and telling me that my username and password are in my profile. Couldn't find them so sent a message back.

In short, not the most streamlined process.

I apologize. But we usually we a few dozen signups daily, 99% of them fraud. So we check all free hosting applications by hand. This does take some time, but it prevents spammers from signing up. Thanks for your choice in choosing us to try at least.

I know the panel is a bit different, but let us know if you need any help.

Sean has been there for a while. Definitely someone that can be trusted!

PS: Sean, you disappeared on aim!!

Back