• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone know a good IRCd shell host?

Luegames

I'm currently with TheHostBusters, but my members keep pinging out on their server, despite the fact that I have set it to 300 seconds. Now people are unable to access the server for extended periods of time (they must use either a web-based client or a separate client on their computer in order to access the IRC server)

Anyone have a good suggestion for a host? If this is not the right place, where should I ask?

Hello,

Some VPS providers offer IRC support. Are you looking for shell hosting where you can install your own IRC server? If so, a VPS would be perfect and low cost. You should submit a request in the Reseller/Dedicated Requests forum.

Hello,

Some VPS providers offer IRC support. Are you looking for shell hosting where you can install your own IRC server? If so, a VPS would be perfect and low cost. You should submit a request in the Reseller/Dedicated Requests forum.

How much bandwidth do you think an IRC server with 30-100 people (server running constantly) on it at a time would take up?

How much bandwidth do you think an IRC server with 30-100 people (server running constantly) on it at a time would take up?

I have no idea. Hehe. No more than 1GB per person per month I would think. So 100+ GB should do you.

PS: Make sure you ask the host if they support IRC before ordering anywhere - as a lot of hosts do not allow it.

I have no idea. Hehe. No more than 1GB per person per month I would think. So 100+ GB should do you.

PS: Make sure you ask the host if they support IRC before ordering anywhere - as a lot of hosts do not allow it.

Yeah, I would imagine IRCd = CPU hog.

Back