• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Aussie Hosts - October Special

Editor

Aussie Hosts is please to announce our October 2001 Special.

It's a big one.

Setup Fee NIL

Disk Space 500MB
Monthly Data Transfer 9GB

Monthly Fee AU$45.00
(US$22.50 as at 04/10/01)

Host your Domain Name - YES
Sub-Domains - 15
POP Email Accounts - 100
Private FTP - YES
Your own CGI Bin - YES
PHP - YES
Python - YES
SSI - YES
mySQL - YES
Frontpage Support - YES
Site Administration Control Panel - YES
Site Statistics - YES
Majordomo Mailing Lists - YES
Chi!isoft ASP - YES
FREE Technical Support - YES
WAP/WML Support - YES
Minimum Term 6 months

Excess Data Transfer Charge per GB:
AU$5.00 (approx US$2.60)

Plus 2 FREE domain pointers
Pointed to either the main domain, or to sub-folders. These are hosted on an alternative network.

This is a limited offer of 20 only.

What's the service like? Don't just take our word for it:
http://www.hostsearch.com/showcomment.asp?Companycode=2908

Regards

Gary

Originally posted by Aussie Hosts

What's the service like? Don't just take our word for it:
http://www.hostsearch.com/showcomment.asp?Companycode=2908

Regards

Gary

Is it me or are there a lot of IP's that are simular in the comments?

Also, here is two comments from the same IP!

Made up comments?

Excellent Products and Service!
By Nigel Heyn 61.9.208.140 9/17/2001
Rating: 10
Thanks
By Michael K. Kennedy 61.9.208.140 8/30/2001
Rating: 10

hmmmm, very interesting...

he could have at least used an anonymous surfer and given himself like a 9.5 or something. but noooo... 10's across the board.

I can personally guarantee you 100%, that every single review on Hostsearch is a by a client, by choice, about our services...and not a fake submission by ourselves.

You may contact me at webmaster@editgroup.com.au and I will provide you with the personal email and telephone number of any reviews that you feel are too much "alike" and you may contact them yourself for clarification.

We do not take part in the practice in "making up" reviews, and would appreciate that you consider alot of our clients use the same ISP's and are geographically very close to each other, before inferring that we are somehow cheating the system.

"An anonymous surfer"...no thanks. We don't have the time nor the inclination to play games with the Hostsearch review system.

I'll make a note to get My Heyn and My Kennedy (who are actually hosted on two separate plans on two separate servers) to subscrive to this thread) and pass comment themselves tomorrow. They obviously use the same ISP and happened across the same IP's at some stage. Not hard here in AU. We often attain the same one via Telstra Bigpond.

Regards

Gary Meadows
Aussie Hosts

Originally posted by keith
hmmmm, very interesting...

he could have at least used an anonymous surfer and given himself like a 9.5 or something. but noooo... 10's across the board.

I can personally verify that Aussiehosts is a highly reliable, friendly and consistent web host. I also agree with Gary's statement that it is VERY easy to get an IP in the same range around Australia, such is the life of slow dialup access.
:( :confused2

l8er

Stuart :classic2:

I can assure you that my comments regarding Aussie Hosts are 100% correct and have nothing to do with those made by Michael Kennedy. I am in no way affiliated with Aussie Hosts either.

The problem stems from the dynamic IP allocation our Internet provider assigns us and we just happened to be unfortunate to get the same IP and post a comment logging the same IP at different times.

To those sceptics out there thinking that this was rigged, well all I can say is you're missing out on some great web hosting services.

When I began with Aussie Hosts I thought, well it's so cheap it must be a bit lousy, but what the heck it's only a small amount to loose if they are no good.....but how wrong was I!!!

I have since moved 6 sites to them and shall continue to use their services in the future. Their service is #1 and as I mentioned in the comments about them, they are proactive in adding features all the time.

Regards,
Nigel Heyn

I know this thread is pretty much done (no posts in 2 weeks), but...

I was one of the people who posted a review of Aussie Hosts, and I don't lie. ;)

I got an account with them about 2 months ago, after I got tired of my free account always going down at the worst times. The prices are pretty much the best around, and the main tech person Gary quickly replies to any question.

I posted a question on their support ticket site, to have a mySQL database activated, and within 2 hours, it was up.

aussiehosts

I see that I've come into this board late on this topic.
But now that I am here...

In Australia we have a very very narrow range of ISPs and they all seem to get carried on one anyhow

Fellow aussies why do I always end up on that bloody big pond ? Before One Tel went down the gurgler it was there lurking under me and now that I'm a blue dingo, it's still there. My friends at vtown have virtually indistinguishable IPs ( on the mysterious big pond ) is it that Telstra own everything ?

As for Aussie hosts I can tell you myself that I took up one of their plans in July ( after homestead did what homestead did, then BNJ Web went belly up after code red, and Directoris host had its troubles and I lost my files).

I wish I had known of Aussie hosts earlier.

The beauty of their service to me is the support.

The poor buggers in there had no idea that in me they had aquired a customer with a fail mark in computer 101.

I was a refugee from WYSIWYG hold-your-hand homestead , signing up to a new host with a new builder and a new ftp both of which had a manual written in Etruscan.

I have sent emails to aussiehosts asking things I don't want to confess to you as the gales of laughter this would invoke would reach even my ears over here.

Replies have arrived within hours. Courteous, clear, concise replies to allow me to fix the 'problem', always something at my end that I couldn't work because of my abysmal ignorance.

Right from the very start when they personally handled my domain registrar to change the direction my name was pointing to......because I was getting lost in the help pages lol trapped in an endless loop of registration passwords and panels.

I can't speak highly enough of Aussie Hosts

I'd have to say that my testimony for Aussie Hosts agrees with many of the reviews posted on HostSearch.

Aussie Hosts have been quick to reply to emails, service is blindingly fast and my overall experience has been a pleasure.

Regarding IP similarities, there are not many IP addresses to go around in Australia. Many times you will see those in the same ranges, or sometimes even posts from different people with the same IP.

Reasons could include:
[Transparent] proxies the ISP uses - makes all users appear from the same IP.
Popular ISP with not many IPs to go around.

As an example, I'm with Optusnet so I have an IP in the 198.142 range (which they own). One occasion about a year ago I was allocated the same IP over several dialup sessions for almost a week, and then a few days later my friend was allocated the IP.

That shows how easy it is for two people to get the same IP and have a connection between them.

Last edited:
Back