• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Australia Free hosting

Bandwidth is too expensive in Australia to be given away for free. However, there are free hosts based in Australia whom have equipment overseas.

Dmain said:
Bandwidth is too expensive in Australia to be given away for free. However, there are free hosts based in Australia whom have equipment overseas.
Exactly.

Bandwidth in Australia is more precious than gold! Thats why being an Australian myself, we provide free hosting using US servers because they are much more affordable with the same quality.

Zac

I cannot even begin to express my utter disappointment at the price of bandwidth in Australia, all I can say that its not justified. We have local clients being hosted in the US and they have not expressed any concerns with latency or stability. Hardware will fail no matter what its geographic location is, you just need to put faith in the people that are managing it.

Australians generally expect a high of level of standard especially if they are paying hard earned cash for it. Some users have criticised our strict criterias with accepting freehosting, they fail to see the bigger picture and that is to maintain the highest level of quality.

Zoomcities evolved roughly the same time as iContact-Hosting did and I have seen plenty of positive feedbacks regarding their services and instead of looking at it negatively from a business perspective, we choose to look at it as a positive representation from a collective group of Australian hosts.

You get around the same speed from a US server than Australia. It's just the cost thats different

Most Aussie hosts probably use US servers too. I'd only go for Aussie servers, if your target audience is purely restricted in that area.

Only the big name hosting companies use aussie servers. I reckon most aussie sites are hosted on ISP servers, since they pay for it with their internet.

Most people that have a personal website are hosted overseas, Its just the big businesses that choose to host with ISP's, Australian Hosting Companies or just using there own servers on there connection. It works out cheaper from using a server on your location if you have a fast enough connection, that is unlikly.

The best Australian hosting I've ever used was http://mdwebhosting.com.au/

I mean for $9.90AUD your getting 50GB of bandwidth & 2.5GB space, and the servers are in Australia!

I know your prob looking for free hosting, but for $9.90AUD thats pretty damn cheap, when I first started out I used them to host my sites and obviously being 16 at the time I didn't have a credit card or PayPal or anything of the sort. But as the host is based in Australia you can pay via bank deposit from any bank in Australia.

Free Hosting on Australian Servers by Rival Networks

Hey everyone,

found a free australian hosting deal with Rival Networks - just search for them on google "Rival Networks Pty Ltd"

cheers

Back