• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best mode of payment?

priyanka

Hi everyone,
Just wondering, if you are looking for a host which mode of payment is most suitable for you and why ?
1.Credit card
2.Cheque
3.Paypal
4.E-gold
5.Others.

Credit Card.

I know with a CC my money is secure. If there are any problems, I can easily speak with my CC provider and they will handle it for me. paypal has shown not to be buyer protection focused.

I agree with overulehost and WW-hosting on this one. Paypal is the most secure and the most dependable service out there right now. Its an ebay company and so it has top notch security.

Definitely Paypal.com for secure and easy payment processing and for payment delivery

Payment processing for the following reasons:

* Normal merchant accounts generally leave fraud detection up to the end-user...you. This leaves you extremely vulnerable to fraudulent orders and scam artists, otherwise detected through paypal's system.

* There are no monthly fees with paypal.com. You can expect reasonable percentages taken off of each payment, which are generally lower than private merchant accounts and other online payment processors.

* You can limit orders to those with verified accounts and confirm by telephone those orders made by non-verified users. This gives you the security of knowing with almost absolute certainty you are dealing with the right person.

Payment Delivery for the following reasons:

* You are placing your order over a 128-bit encrypted secure server.
* Your hosting company does not have direct contact with your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV number. This keeps you secure from identity theft via your hosting company.
* You have a third party to deal with in the event of a dispute.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,
Goodydomains.com Support

Last edited:
paypal, most places accept it, and its secure, and if it goes wrong you can always complain to both them and your cc company

I don't sign up for a hosting service unless I can use PayPal or 2CheckOut. I won't hand over my credit card details to anyone else on the net; you just can't tell if it's safe :shame:

Great thread, I've always been curious about this.
I personally like to use both paypal and my credit cards depending on the website/services.

Hartserver uses PayPal only at present, as we feel that it integrates easily with our backend/ordering system, and also allows us to accept all major debit & credit cards without expensive fees. The subscription/recurring payments facility is also very useful, allowing us to save a lot of time when billing customers.

I personally like using PayPal or paying by credit card.

I don't sign up for a hosting service unless I can use PayPal or 2CheckOut. I won't hand over my credit card details to anyone else on the net; you just can't tell if it's safe

WorldPay is another very trustworthy company. :)

Robert said:
Credit Card.

I know with a CC my money is secure. If there are any problems, I can easily speak with my CC provider and they will handle it for me. paypal has shown not to be buyer protection focused.

I'd have to agree with Robert on that one.

MoneyBookers is the best. They have better security than PayPal and it is very easy to use it. Also all payments are irrevocable, so you do not have to worry about loosing your money if you get some abusers.

buyers and sellers have both lost faith in Paypal

That's a bit of a generalisation. Sure, some people have had issues with them, but considering the huge number of transactions they process per day they would be a very small minority. We use PayPal and have never had any problems. :)

This is killing me HOW MANY ROBERTS ARE HERE?

MN-Robert is from Myacen.

Last edited:
Back