• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Online store

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
What is the best online store to shop from that has good prices components for building an entire system and great customer feed back.

I typically get a lot of stuff from tiger direct but they are too pricey

It is between NewEgg and ZipZoomFly

ZZF is a bit cheaper and has free shipping, I am getting

2.6ghz HT P4
512mb corsair DDR 3200 ram
MSI NEO2-FIS2R MOBO
52x Artec CD-RW Black
Albatron nVidia FX5200 128mb ram

About $540 all said and done (after taxes). I am going to buy a case locally and already have hard drives.

NewEgg seems to be more respected. So I am now stuck in a rut

NewEgg gets my vote. Never had a problem with them.

A couple of things though...

Artec are quite possibly the shittiest drives ever made. I went through 3 DVD-ROMs and not a single worked properly. One would read CDs, one would read DVDs, and another wouldn't read anything. I'd suggest Samsung or Lite-On. Never had a problem with either.

I don't know what you plan on doing with this rig, but a 5200 is a really slow card, even for the price. I'd suggest a Radeon 9100... same price and quite a bit faster, unless you're an nVidiot or something.

//edit

NotNamed, ZZF is the old GoogleGear.

Originally posted by Bruce
NewEgg gets my vote. Never had a problem with them.

A couple of things though...

Artec are quite possibly the shittiest drives ever made. I went through 3 DVD-ROMs and not a single worked properly. One would read CDs, one would read DVDs, and another wouldn't read anything. I'd suggest Samsung or Lite-On. Never had a problem with either.

I don't know what you plan on doing with this rig, but a 5200 is a really slow card, even for the price. I'd suggest a Radeon 9100... same price and quite a bit faster, unless you're an nVidiot or something.

//edit

NotNamed, ZZF is the old GoogleGear.

Thanks, only reason I picked artec was because it wasn't the cheapest or most expensive, actually I think there where several samsung, lite-on and sony drives a few bucks cheaper...I will go with one of them.

Video performance is sort of the least of my worries. I will do VERY VERY little gaming, it is mainly to record audio and I just liked it cause it supports directx 9, that doesn't mean anything to me, but it was just a new card. I have always liked the universal nvidia drivers. That is the only reason. but maybe I will go with a 9100. Especially if it is a few bucks cheaper.

Really the main thing that matters to me is hard drive speed. I already have two Seagate 40gig 7200rpm (barracuda) drives, that I will put in a raid array. Probably when Christmas comes I will also buy 2 10k rpm Western Digital SATA drives. Fastest things on the market. Toms Hardware even shows it would out perform SCSI Ultra320 for what I would use it for so that makes me happy

If I have a raid array for each I will have 150gigs of space. With 2 of the fastest drives ever made, and 2 other drives for file storage etc. Ooo it makes me tingle inside just to think about it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by notnamed
Never heard of zoomy zipper or whatever it was, sounds dirty. NewEgg is good.

They use to be called GoogleGear. Now they are called ZipZoomFly

I've ordered from ZipZoomFly many times and can vouch for them.

You can't go wrong by ordering from the Fly.

I put a computer together at both places with the case. and the price is the same although the case from NewEgg is a little bit nicer (420w p4 approved power supply)

I don't know who do go with, I am ordering it either tomorrow night or saturday morning...:doh!:

Visalia?

guitarnerd: you are from visalia? awesome... i past through there on my vacation this summer :) cool town...

I live up in sacramento area :p

Re: Visalia?

Originally posted by ReFiNeD
guitarnerd: you are from visalia? awesome... i past through there on my vacation this summer :) cool town...

I live up in sacramento area :p

Yes I live in Visalia...and I think the town is rather quit and has a nice down town but it gets dull when you live here, but I guess most cities are like that....

On to subject. I just got all the parts for my computer in yesterday. I ended up getting it all from new egg...

2.8ghz ht (already have it overclocked to 3.2ghz)
ABIT IC7-MAX3 Motherboard (probably the nicest mobo on the market)
52x lite-on burner (still need to get a dvd-rom)
512mb pc3200 Kingmax ram
Aspire X-Dreamer II case

I just used my old video card (to compensate for the price of the nicer motherboard) which is a

GeForce3 ti 200

It runs amazingly and I can't wait to really put it to the test

Originally posted by Bruce
The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they ship UPS. I wouldn't exactly trust computer components in the hands of UPS.

UPS isn't bad provided you don't mark any packages as "Fragile". They seem to take that as some sort of a challenge to see exactly HOW fragile it is.

Back