• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best way to promote my photography?

ian

Hi all,

I have a domain and did have hosting for my site but I didn't renew the hosting since I didn't work on the site enough. So I redirected my domain to my facebook page. I take nature photos and would like to make an on-line portfolio to display and draw interest in my photography. Can this possibly be done with free sites? I appreciate all ideas. Thank you.

Ian

Hello Ian

You can definitely use free domains for promoting your photography. There are free domain services like blogger, wordpress and Tumblr to create free blogs and promote anything. I can also suggest you to share your photography in various social sites like Pinterest and other image hosting sites. They are quiet effective.

I whould recomend you to build a nice portfolio website and promote it thru social media. If you do not want to build a website - use only social media to promote your works.

Is there a good free portfolio site that you reccomend?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Ian.

I'm currently developing a Multi-host system with integrated control panel called Bizz.net.au. (Not trying to advertise here) I would love to offer you a free website and technical support to get you started, if you want to test the system for me?

DONT use a FREE portfolio site. Make a real site, promote through facebook, create a business page on facebook and push traffic to your site that way. Also, get a pinterest account and post your photos there.

DONT use a FREE portfolio site. Make a real site, promote through facebook, create a business page on facebook and push traffic to your site that way. Also, get a pinterest account and post your photos there.
Photography pages on facebook are extremely popular, certainly the way to go :)

You have to make a fan page at Facebook and post your photography at your Facebook page, i hope you will get popularity soon.

do you like idea with Instagram?! It can e usufull and bring you money in future! You should develop your profile, and to download good pictures, that`s it

Hi

I think you have to use social media like facebook Instagram and Google+, it is the best way to promote.

Hope it helps you.

Hi all,

I have a domain and did have hosting for my site but I didn't renew the hosting since I didn't work on the site enough. So I redirected my domain to my facebook page. I take nature photos and would like to make an on-line portfolio to display and draw interest in my photography. Can this possibly be done with free sites? I appreciate all ideas. Thank you.

Ian

To promote your online portfolio try out Image sharing and Social media sharing. These two techniques will surely help you promote your portfolio.

While working profesionally for the photograhy, taking phots is the easiest part that is to be consider. But, by the side of buinsess, to promote photgraphy includes some steps:-

• Advertising
  • Social networking
  • Portfolio website
  • Blogging
  • Testimonials
  • Networking
  • Exhibit your work
  • Online arts profiles
  • Enter competition
  • Putting all of into face

Back