• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Big deal?

giangbs

Our largest ISP in VietNam just offers the deal as following:
1 x Intel Xeon X3430
1 x MB Supermicro X8SIL-V
2 x Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet
1 x RAM DD3 2GB
1 x HDD 250GB
1 x Rackmount 1U Lifecom OEM
1 x Rackmount 1U sliding Rails Kit

BW: Unlimited 25Mbps
Dedicated IP: 1
Setup fee: ~50$
Monthly fee: ~100$

If you pay for 24 months (prepaid), you will get this server for free. Is this a big deal?

Last edited:
If you pay for 24 months (prepaid), you will get this server for free. Is this a big deal?

What the hell? If you prepay for 2 years, you get the server free? That doesn't make any sense.
In addition to that, I wouldn't pay anything $100 per month or more unless the server had a 100Mbps port or better.

So if you pay 2 years I assume you get the hardware free something like a rent to own, then they will just charge you a colocation fee.

So if you pay 2 years I assume you get the hardware free something like a rent to own, then they will just charge you a colocation fee.

Yes, this is what I mean, you can take this server and host it anywhere else you want.

I can say that now many companies offers free setup on their dedicated server hosting deals.
I have never heard about them before.

That's very good pricing, I'd first check if they offer any warranty, though, and ask if the server is "previously enjoyed". It's not such good pricing if you have to pay for replacing worn out parts right away.

It may seem a bit irresistible to search and compare different webhosting packages. but it can be reasonable for your choice of web host.

i assume this offer is made by the ISP to kill off other ISPs in vietnam.
I don't think think offer will stay long, so those who are in vietnam, it is best if you go grab it as soon as possible.

Back