• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Billing Solution project

no to epic because if it doesn't last long it will be an epic fail. I am willing to host your project on my server.

even though it is a conflict of interest i am all for a free billing program.

I think we will need a VPS for this project. Because we don't know how much performance it will use and how many security holes on it.

Everyone willing to give us a free VPS, please reply in this thread.

until your project gets going really well you shouldn't need more than a shared account.

until your project gets going really well you shouldn't need more than a shared account.

Sorry about the previous post :( I thought we will be using our own server. Not the LaunchPad.

Anyway we can go for a VPS when the project is improved. Thanks for replying JJW.

I can too dedicate some space from my VPS for our project. Because i have more than enough space. But i am still securing it.

So the most reliable server will get the chance to host the project :)

i think it is best to use existing opensource managers platform like launchpad or sourceforge.
at least we can save our time on maintaining it ourself
:)

my only problem with contributing code and working on the project is i am creating my own billing software for sale, yes i plan to give cheap but it is still a conflict of intrest.

my only problem with contributing code and working on the project is i am creating my own billing software for sale, yes i plan to give cheap but it is still a conflict of intrest.

its an opensource project.
so it is ok, coz opensource projects do welcome everyone.
even if steve balmer or bill gates wanted to attend Linux conference, they are also welcome to the conference

Launchpad would be cool for the project.For the community forum, we mostly here have our own servers, and I m sure we can work sth out.Shared hosting shall be enough for the start

ok, project management system, and hosting is now solved.
i will be creating a poll using polldaddy later and we shall vote the names of that polling system

i see one problem with this. there are tons of people here doing php. some may be beginners and some may be extra advanced. how do you expect the beginners to work with advanced developers code to integrate more into the system, and you cant expect advanced developers to dumb down their code, not use OOP and other good coding practices so that beginners can understand?

Beginners would need to learn to start somewhere, and I learnt with very basic code. I modified a simple login script into a Text MMO. It took me over 3 months to do.
None the less, more experienced or "advanced" php coders should not have to dumb down their scripts, and beginners, if they are serious about learning PHP, will research the code presented by the more experienced coders, and will learn how to interpret it, and modify it.

on what iBrightDev said: this type of thing is an excellent opportunity for beginners learn alot, all it takes is an advanced coder or two willing to take a little time to explain certain things.

Everybody will have the chance to develop it. And as RozenCruz said, we may shorten the name decision part and start the project quickly.

I'd stay away from Dream Bill. There is a certain webhost that shouldn't be named that is well-established with a similar name..;)

anyway, we all just vote and see wats the out come.
if the name that is voted is already trademarked, then we take the 2nd winning name

before deciding on a name, make sure the .com of it is available.

The .com domain is not that nessesary dmm. Because this is a FOSS. We can even depend on a subdomain with our project.

Anyway thank you for your comment. Don't you join with us to develop our billing solution?

you dont need a name immediately, you can start working on it to see where it is going first before deciding on a name. Good luck though.

Back