• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Blackcurrant Hosting - Site Review

Its a very nice design, but it doesnt feel like a hosting website (in ways of structure, mostly). Also the fading yellow on the left is horrible.

Robert Duncan said:
How would you say the structure differs from a standard hosting site?

to be honest i'm not quite sure. But that doesnt feel like a hosting template to me.

Well it's good that it doesn't look like most hosting websites, being different can help sometimes. In this case the structure needs to be worked on, I agree with Johnson about it looking a bit like a blog.

Rifat said:
Well it's good that it doesn't look like most hosting websites, being different can help sometimes. In this case the structure needs to be worked on, I agree with Johnson about it looking a bit like a blog.
How would you recommend changing it?

I personally think it looks great. Nice, simple and effective header. Buttons are clear and attractive, and the text is tasteful and clear. Nice :).

give it more of a hosting feel. like LG said, it seems a little like a blog. also, make the header area a little smaller, and maybe put a pic of a computer there or something. seperate the header from the nav also. you also arent able to resize the window without getting a horizontal scrollbar. so if someone is using a 800x600 setting (which I know sucks, but some people still do) then the site will look like garbage to them. make it so everything resizes properly, or make it fit in a 800x600 screen, and it will have some blank room on other larger settings, but that is ok. not a bad start, but needs some improvement.

I agree with all of the previous posters. It does not feel like a hosting template. It feels more like a blog as posted above. In order to fix this you should change the color scheme, and also make the layout look a little bit different.

Back