• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Blah blah blah spinning wheel of death

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
Stupid Mac couldn't even upgrade properly on the first try... I thought the Apple fanboys scream that Mac is perfect! Anyways, if any of you encounter this (like I did while I upgraded to snow leopard), turn off the computer... turn it on and hold c till the screen goes to a gray screen.

After that just reinstall it and it should work fine. I didn't lose my files but still... spinning wheel of death :lol:. Apple tout's how bad Windows is and they can't even get an upgrade disk right :rolleyes:

That "c" trick has been around since MacOS 7 you know. It's because MacOS Install CDs back then were actually LiveCDs. (OS9 disks usually came with repair programs in the LiveCD so that you could repair your harddisk or installation.)

The "C" is for CD ;)

Last edited:
Who said anything about what the 'c' stands for? :)

Anyways, I was telling people what to do if they get the spinning wheel of death.

After upgrade i got nothing but a flashing folder on boot. Perfect they aint...

Back