• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

BurstNET Downtime

MATRIX

Internet Solutions
NLC
Hello,

Just to inform that BurstNET Network was Down today because of a "Total Hardware Failure" on the switch in our Philadelphia NOC.

I will just Copy/Paste here the Information:

On Nov 21st, 2003 at approximately 1:30 Eastern Time we lost our primary switch in our Philadelphia NOC due to total hardware failure. Alex, who is usually in the Philadelphia area, was onsite in Scranton today. Our onsite employee in PHLA was unable to resolve the situation, so the problem persisted while Alex drove the 2+ hours back to PHLA. Our networking group were on scene at approximately 5:30 Eastern Time. Service was restored by installing a new switch at approximately 5:45 PM Eastern Time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will make more information available as it becomes known.

To answer the question that has been brought up by customers, we did have a backup switch available. However, it required configuration changes and physical installation, which the onsite employee did not have the capability to perform. Once Alex was onsite, service was restored within approx. 15 minutes. In most cases, Alex would have already been on site and been able to make these changes in 15 minutes, but due to his being onsite at our main NOC in Scranton today, drivetime was also involved.

Problems are Now Solved and Servers are Reachable Again :applaudin

Best Regards,
Francisco
MaTriX Internet Solutions

Search on Webhostingtalk.com, Burst has had alot of downtime over the past few months but, their quality seems to be improving. (Thats what I've heard, the last experience I personally had was four months ago and their downtime was horrible). I've also seen a few requests in the dedicated offers and requests forum over on WHT for servers to replace Burst's sooo...

Oh well good luck! :bandit2:

Originally posted by CS-Eric
They have not had too much downtime lately though.

Not downtime. But they had an issue with a router that sent their connection to a crawling speed.

Theve been up and down since April when I ordered a server and kept it for 5 days before running. Thank god!

Back