• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can an ad be an image ?

krakjoe

stop staring
NLC
What if we have an advert that is just an image, is that allowed ( in ads and offers section ) ?

Sounds ok, but id have a special tag for it.
1 per thread, first post of a new thread only.
Limited to Web banner Size.

It's not web banner sized, its normal photograph size. But not so high resolution that it'll ruin the layout of the page. I did read the rules and could find no mention of it, but don't wanna piss anyone off so thought I'd ask ...

Can you tell us what is the point of showing an image instead of posting a text ad? Does the image link to somewhere? The reason it isn't mentioned in the rules is because it has never come up before.

Urm, billboards, television adverts, magazine adverts ... actually most advertising is not textual. Imagine how boring telly would be if every advert consisted of one or more screens of text. The image will link to somewhere, that's the nature of the internet, but the advert itself is contained in the image, posting just a link and some text won't have the same affect ... I might use the same image locally as a flyer ...

Would it help if I said please ?

Last edited:
I see no problem with image ads instead of text ads. I'm unsure though if we allow images there, I beleive it's only allowed in General Discussions.

Err... wouldn't an image ad require more effort than a text one? How can you say he's lazy?

Anyway, I like the idea of being able to use images as advertisements online. :)

*waits for Peo's reply*

We'll try it out and see what happens. I'll change the settings now for Ads & Offers. If there's any abuse we'll remove it, if this is a success we'll add it to the other advertising forums.

This looks like it'll be a great addition. I don't use the ads too much, but it'll allow nicer posts with more Eye Candy.

If there's any abuse we'll remove it, if this is a success we'll add it to the other advertising forums.
There's bound to be later :S Mods will need to keep an eye on it if it becomes the "norm".

Back